|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||249.31 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
A doctor, David Caldicott, has said ephylone "can cause circulation problems, lethal heart palpitations and hallucinations".  It has been linked to a number of overdose deaths and mass-casualty incidents, and has increasingly been mis-sold as MDMA.
- GB 1085135, "Substituted phenyl-α-amino ketones", published 1969, assigned to Boehringer Sohn Ingelheim
- Wood MR, Bernal I, Lalancette RA (October 2017). "The hydrochloride hydrates of pentylone and dibutylone and the hydrochloride salt of ephylone: the structures of three novel designer cathinones". Structural Chemistry. 28 (5): 1369–1376. doi:10.1007/s11224-017-0951-x. ISSN 1040-0400.
- Umraw A, Pillay K (15 April 2016). "No antidote yet for killer drug's special ingredient". The Witness.
- "This summer's crap drug: N-ethylpentylone". KnowYourStuffNZ. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Thirakul P, Hair LS, Bergen KL, Pearson JM (May 2017). "Clinical Presentation, Autopsy Results and Toxicology Findings in an Acute N-Ethylpentylone Fatality". Journal of Analytical Toxicology. 41 (4): 342–346. doi:10.1093/jat/bkx004. PMID 28137731.
- Pill testing at festivals has hidden benefits that could reduce drug taking, Claudia Long, ABC News Online, 2018-07-20
- "Arnica, metal paint and Polish toothpaste: Festival pill test comes back with all sorts". ABC News. 30 April 2018. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- Stewart M (9 March 2018). "Deadly new Wellington drug ring busted as police seize cash, cars, and drugs". Stuff.co.nz.
- Thirakul, Phoutthasone; s. Hair, Laura; l. Bergen, Kirstin; m. Pearson, Julia (2017). "Clinical Presentation, Autopsy Results and Toxicology Findings in an AcuteN-Ethylpentylone Fatality". Journal of Analytical Toxicology. 41 (4): 342–346. doi:10.1093/jat/bkx004. PMID 28137731.
- "13 hospitalised in Christchurch after taking drugs they thought were MDMA". Newshub NZ. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Krotulski, Alex J.; Papsun, Donna M.; Martinis, De; S, Bruno; Mohr, Amanda L. A.; Logan, Barry K. (2018). "N-Ethyl Pentylone (Ephylone) Intoxications: Quantitative Confirmation and Metabolite Identification in Authentic Human Biological Specimens". Journal of Analytical Toxicology. 42 (7): 467–475. doi:10.1093/jat/bky025. PMID 29618077.
- "Thousands have drugs tested at festivals". BBC News. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- Costa, Jose Luiz; Cunha, Kelly Francisco; Lanaro, Rafael; Cunha, Ricardo Leal; Walther, Donna; Baumann, Michael H. (2018-10-21). "Analytical quantification, intoxication case series, and pharmacological mechanism of action for N-ethylnorpentylone (N-ethylpentylone or ephylone)". Drug Testing and Analysis. doi:10.1002/dta.2502. ISSN 1942-7603.
- "Schedules of Controlled Substances: Temporary Placement of N-Ethylpentylone in Schedule I". Federal Register. June 13, 2018.