N. S. Memorial Institute of Medical Sciences
|N. S. Memorial Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Kollam District Co-operative Hospital Society|
|Location||Kollam, Kerala, India|
It was founded in 2000 in memory of N. Sreedharan (died 1985), a communist organizer who was a member of the secretariat of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). This is the first Co-operative Multi Super Specialty Hospital in South Kerala. The hospital has 13 specialty departments and 40 doctors including 25 post graduate doctors and more than 250 medical and paramedical staff. It has a full range of services.
NSMIMS was established in 2000 in a temporary facility. The hospital started functioning fully from 2006 after being inaugurated by Prakash Karat, General Secretary of Communist Party of India (Marxist).
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Plastic& Cosmetic Surgery
- Pulmonology/Critical Care
- Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Gastroendoscopic Surgery
- Dental & Oral Diseases
- ENT, Head & Neck Surgery
- Reproductive Medicine
- General & Laparoscopic Surgery
- General Medicine & Diabetology
- Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Clinical Laboratory
- Casualty & Emergencies
N.S. Memorial Nursing School has started functioning. The nursing school building opened in 2011 and has facilities to accommodate 200 students. The society has started a B.Sc. Nursing course.
- "N. S. Memorial Institute of Medical Sciences, Kollam". Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "VS to open nursing school building". The Hindu. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- "Provide basic health care to all: Karat". The Hindu. 2006-02-18. Retrieved 1 November 2013.