|Produced by||Nandamuri Balakrishna|
|Written by||Sai Madhav Burra (dialogues)|
|Music by||M. M. Keeravani|
|Cinematography||Gnana Shekar V.S.|
|Edited by||Arram Ramakrishna|
Vaaraahi Chalana Chitram
N.T.R. Kathanayakudu is a 2019 Telugu biographical film based on the life and acting career of N. T. Rama Rao. It was produced by Nandamuri Balakrishna, Sai Korrapati Ranganatha, Vishnu Induri under NBK Films, Vaaraahi Chalana Chitram, Vibri Media banners. and directed by Krish. The film stars Nandamuri Balakrishna, as his father N. T. Rama Rao, Vidya Balan in Basavatarakam's role as a debut in Telugu and music is composed by M. M. Keeravani. The film has a sequel, N.T.R: Mahanayakudu that will showcase the political journey of N. T. Rama Rao.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna as N. T. Rama Rao
- Vidya Balan as Basavatarakam
- Nandamuri Kalyan Ram as Nandamuri Harikrishna
- Rana Daggubati as Nara Chandrababu Naidu
- Sumanth as Akkineni Nageswara Rao
- Bharath Reddy as Daggubati Venkateswara Rao
- Sachin Khedekar as Nadendla Bhaskar Rao
- Daggubati Raja as Nandumuri Trivikrama Rao
- Surya Srinivas as Nandamuri Jayakrishna
- Garapati Srinivas as Nandamuri Saikrishna
- Vennela Kishore as Rukmanandha Rao
- Poonam Bajwa as Garapati Lokeswari
- Manjima Mohan as Nara Bhuvaneswari
- Himanshi Choudary as Daggubati Purandeswari
- Heroshini Komali.R as Kantamaneni Uma Maheshwari
- Master NTR as Nandamuri Ramakrishna
- Master Aaryaveer as Young Nandamuri Balakrishna
- Rakul Preet Singh as Sridevi
- Hansika Motwani as Jaya Pradha
- Nithya Menen as Savitri
- Pranitha Subhash as Krishna Kumari
- Shriya Saran as Prabha
- Payal Rajput as Jaya Sudha
- Shalini Pandey as Sowcar Janaki
- Yashu Mashetty as S. Varalakshmi
- Pratyusha as G. Varalakshmi
- Prakash Raj as Nagi Reddy
- Satyanarayana as H. M. Reddy
- Nassar as Bhavanam Venkatarami Reddy
- Brahmanandam as Relangi
- Naresh as B. A. Subba Rao
- Murali Sharma as Chakrapani
- Krish as K. V. Reddy
- Keshav Deepak as Chittor V. Nagaiah
- Jisshu Sengupta as L. V. Prasad
- Ravi Kishan as Ravikant Nagaich
- Subhalekha Sudhakar as P. Pullaiah
- S. V. Krishna Reddy as Kamalakara Kameswara Rao
- Ravi Prakash as D. Yoganand
- Vasu Inturi as Tatineni Prakash Rao
- Srinivas Avasarala as D. V. Narasa Raju
- Giridhar as Janardhan
- Chandra Siddhartha as Dasari Narayana Rao
- Bhanu Chander as ACP
- Vijayachander as Srisaila Jagadguru Swamy
- Kasi Viswanath as Registrar
- Girish as Ramoji Rao
- Eshwar Babu as S. V. Ranga Rao
- Prakash Kovelamudi as K. Raghavendra Rao
- N. Shankar as B. Vittalacharya
- D.D.Srinivas as Tatineni Rama Rao
- Devi Prasad as Gummadi
- Ramajogayya Sastry as C. Narayana Reddy
- Sanjay Reddy as Pingali Nagendra Rao
- Arjun Prasad as Marcus Bartley
- Surabhi Jayachandra Varma as T. V. Raju
- Bhadram as Peketi Sivaram
- K. Sivasankar as Vempati Chinna Satyam
- Raghu Master as Saleem Master
- Sai Madhav Burra as Peethambaram
- Eeswar Babu as S. V. Ranga Rao
- Siva Satyanarayana as C.S.R
- Lakshmi Narayana as Kantha Rao
- Mallikarjuna Rao as Dhulipala
- Madhav as G. D. Joshi
- Suresh Kumar as P. V. Narasimha Rao
- Suraj as V. C. Shukla
- Muralidhar as Tanguturi Anjaiah
- Sri Teja as Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy
- Sikindar as M. G. Ramachandran
- Sridhar as Mohan Kanda
- Sunil Kumar Reddy as Kannappa
- Sridhar Akkineni as Kranthi Kumar
- Kireeti Damaraju as a Pandit
- Devayani as Akkineni Annapurna
- Supriya Vinod as Indira Gandhi
- Jaya Naidu as Santha Kumari
- Bhagavathula Sowmya as L. Vijayalakshmi
- Geetanjali as Nirmalamma
- Mirchi Madhavi as Nannapaneni Rajakumari
|N.T.R. Kathanayakudu - Mahanayakudu|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||21 December 2018|
|Producer||M. M. Keeravani|
|M. M. Keeravani chronology|
The original score and soundtrack for both NTR Kathanayakudu and Mahanayakudu were composed by M. M. Keeravani, marking his second collaboration with Krish and his consecutive fourth and fifth collaborations with Nandamuri Balakrishna. The music rights were acquired by Lahari Music Company. The audio and trailer launch for Kathanayukudu and Mahanayakudu was held at JRC Convention Center, Hyderabad on 21 December 2018. Krishna, Krishnam Raju, Mohan Babu, K. Raghavendra Rao, N. T. Rama Rao Jr. and others attended the function along with complete Nandamuri family.
|1.||"Kathaa Nayaka"||K.Siva Datta, Dr. K. Rama Krishna||Kailash Kher||3:35|
|2.||"Venditera Dora"||M. M. Keeravani||M. M. Keeravani||4:19|
|3.||"Bhantureethi Koluvu"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Chitra, Sreenidhi Tirumala||4:54|
|4.||"Kathanayaka (F)"||K.Siva Datta, Dr. K. Rama Krishna||Sreenidhi Tirumala, Ramya Behara, Mohana Bhogaraju||3:36|
|5.||"Ramanna Katha"||M. M. Keeravani||Chitra, Sunitha Upadrashta||5:09|
|6.||"Chaitanya Ratham"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||M. M. Keeravani, Kaala Bhairava, Keerthi Sagathia, Sai Shivani||4:58|
|7.||"Rajarshi"||M. M. Keeravani, Dr. K. Rama Krishna, K. Siva Datta||M. M. Keeravani, Kaala Bhairava, Sreenidhi Tirumala, Sharath Santosh, Mohana Bhogaraju||5:22|
The film began on 29 March 2018 at Ramakrishna Cine Studios, Hyderabad. Nandamuri Balakrishna dressed up as Duryodhana and started with his father's famous dialogue "Yemantive Yemantive" from the movie Daana Veera Soora Karna (1977). Vice President Venkaiah Naidu gave clap and K. Raghavendra Rao directed the first shoot. Telangana Minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav, Jamuna, Allu Aravind, Dr. Rajashekar, Jeevitha Rajashekar, Boyapati Srinu and several other industry people were present at the occasion. The film was planned to release to Dussera. Initially Teja was announced as director of movie but he walked out of the project due to creative differences with Balakrishna. Teja was later replaced by Krish.
Marketing and release
- "N.T.R (Title Finalized)". The News Minute.
- "Three producers for Sr NTR Biopic". The Hans India. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "NTR biopic: Manikarnika director Krish may direct the Nandamuri Balakrishna starrer". www.hindustantimes.com/. 2018-05-23. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "NTR biopic confirmed to release in two parts". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "Actor Balakrishna to play his father NTR's role in upcoming biopic". The News Minute. 2017-02-08. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Vidya Balan to make her Telugu debut with NTR biopic, will play his first wife". www.hindustantimes.com/. 2018-03-24. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Keeravani for NTR biopic". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 2017-10-21. Retrieved 2018-20-28. Check date values in:
- "'కథానాయకుడు' పక్కన మెరిసే నాయికలు వీరే!". eenadu.net.
- "N.T.R. Biopic (Audio Release)". Social News XYZ.
- "N.T.R. Biopic (Audio Launch)". idlebrain.com.
- http://english.tupaki.com. "Director Teja On About Sr NTR Biopic". tupaki. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "NTR biopic launch: Balakrishna dresses up as Duryodhana for opening shot - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "NTR biopic: Nandamuri Balakrishna plays NT Rama Rao, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu gives mahurat clap". The Indian Express. 2018-03-29. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "NTR Biopic For Dussehra, Really Possible?". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Teja all set to direct NTR biopic? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "N.T.R (Director Quiet)". Telugu 360.
- "Director Teja walks out of Balakrishna NTR's Biopic". Telugu360.com. 2018-04-25. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (1 January 2019). "On the occasion of New Year and also Vidya Balan's birthday, presenting two new posters of #NTRBiopic... Stars Nandamuri Balakrishna, Vidya Balan and Rana Daggubati... Directed by Krish Jagarlamudi... #HappyNewYear #HappyNewYear2019 #HBDVidyaBalan t.co/Tb6dxOeKUa" (Tweet) – via Twitter.