NAIA independent schools
NAIA independent schools are 4-year institutional members of the NAIA that play independent of any formal conference affiliation. Many NAIA independent schools are members of the Association of Independent Institutions (AII), which allows members to have a formal route to NAIA tournaments.
- University of Antelope Valley — will join the California Pacific Conference in 2015.
- California State University San Marcos — will join the NCAA D-II California Collegiate Athletic Association in 2015.
- University of Houston–Victoria — will join the Red River Athletic Conference in 2015.
- Trinity Lutheran College — Associate member.
- Walla Walla University — will join the Cascade Collegiate Conference in 2015.
- West Virginia University Institute of Technology — will join the Kentucky Intercollegiate Athletic Conference in 2015.
|Central Christian College of Kansas||McPherson, Kansas||1884||518||Tigers||2015|
|Clarke University||Dubuque, Iowa||1843||1,230||Crusaders||2015|
|Governors State University||University Park, Illinois||1969||2,632||Jaguars||2015|
|Haskell Indian Nations University||Lawrence, Kansas||1884||958||Fighting Indians||2015|
|Mount Mercy University||Cedar Rapids, Iowa||1928||1,490||Mustangs||2015|
|College of the Ozarks||Point Lookout, Missouri||1906||1,380||Bobcats||2015|
|York College||York, Nebraska||1890||459||Panthers||2015|
- Benedictine University at Mesa — Associate member.
- Clarke University — will join the Heart of America Athletic Conference in 2016.
- Mount Mercy University — will join the Heart of America Athletic Conference in 2016.
- Providence Christian College — Associate member.
- Sierra Nevada College — Associate member.
- York College - will join the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference in 2016.
- "NAIA Member Schools". NAIA. Retrieved 2012-08-24.