NAIT LRT Station
NAIT Station is a LRT station on the Metro Line in Edmonton, Alberta. The station will be temporarily located north of Princess Elizabeth Avenue, on the south side of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology's swimming pool and hockey arena wing, before a permanent station is ultimately built after a long-term comprehensive land use plan of the Edmonton City Centre Airport lands are finalized. NAIT Station is the northern terminus of the Metro Line.
Preliminary engineering of the line was completed July 2009 and construction of the phase from the MacEwan Station to NAIT began in the summer of 2011. The station was supposed to open in 2014. However, due to delays it opened on September 6, 2015.
NAIT Station is an at-grade station with a centre platform. Unlike the other LRT stations in Edmonton, the current platform at NAIT Station will only accommodate three-car trains. This is because it is a temporary station.
Around the station
- Alberta Aviation Museum
- Edmonton City Centre Airport
- Kingsway Mall
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Spruce Avenue
- Ramsay, Caley (September 6, 2015). "After lengthy delay, Metro Line LRT opens to riders". Global News Edmonton. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "SD160 Light Rail Vehicle" (PDF). Siemens Transportation Systems, Inc. May 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-10-26. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- "2015 LRT Passenger Count Report" (PDF). Edmonton Transit System. April 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2017.
- "North LRT Fact Sheet" (PDF). City of Edmonton. February 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 1, 2012. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "North LRT Stations". City of Edmonton. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "North LRT to NAIT". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "Metro Line Delay FAQ" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.