Naval Auxiliary Landing Field Santa Rosa
|NALF Santa Rosa, California
Santa Rosa Air Center
|Location||Santa Rosa, California|
Naval Auxiliary Landing Field (NALF) Santa Rosa, California, also known as Naval Auxiliary Air Station, Santa Rosa, was a military airport located in Santa Rosa, California, in Sonoma County, California, USA.
NALF Santa Rosa was first commissioned in 1943, as an outlying airfield of Naval Air Station Alameda. There were two 7,000-foot concrete runways. One was oriented 160-340 and the other 060-240. Each runway had a parallel taxiway, and there was a concrete apron in the northwest quadrant of the runway crossing. Two other outlying airfields, Cotati Naval Outer Landing Field and Little River Naval Outer Landing Field, supported Santa Rosa flight operations training 21 squadrons of fighters, dive bombers, and torpedo planes during World War II. The Santa Rosa airfield was relinquished by the US Navy between 1946–48 and reactivated in 1951 for the Korean War. It was abandoned by the Navy between 1952-54.It was re-opened between 1966-67 as a civilian airport, Santa Rosa Air Center. Santa Rosa Air Center closed in 1991.
- Die Hard 2 (1990) Scenes shot at Santa Rosa Air Center.
- Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! (1992) Shot over a four-week period at Santa Rosa Air Center.
- "Naval Auxiliary Air Station, Santa Rosa". Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Santa Rosa Naval Auxiliary Air Station / Santa Rosa Air Center, Santa Rosa, CA". Freeman, Paul. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER Film Locations". Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! Film Locations". Retrieved 29 January 2011.