Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center
Wallops Island, Virginia
|Website||NASA Visitor Center|
The Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center is located in Building J-17, Wallops Island, Virginia, United States along Route 175. It contains exhibits highlighting past missions conducted at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility. The visitor center also provides information about current activities at Wallops Flight Facility, such as the sounding rocket, balloon and aircraft program. The outside grounds has a rocket garden consisting of rockets and aircraft used for space and aeronautical research, including a full-scale four stage reentry vehicle used to study the Earth's atmosphere. In addition, the visitor center has educational programs on Earth and space science.
The visitor center was established in 1982. It is named Robert L. Krieger Education Complex after the long term head of Wallops Flight Facility.
Some exhibits include:
- Moon rock from Apollo 17
- Scale models of rockets, satellites, research equipment and aircraft
- Science On a Sphere
- Hands-on interactive demonstrations and educational videos
- Observation deck for watching launches from Wallops Flight Facility
- Model rocket launches
- Earth As Art
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center.|
- NASA. "Exhibits", NASA Visitor Center website. Retrieved on April 20, 2008.
- NASA Visitor Center (official website)