Cover art featuring Tony Stewart
|Series||NASCAR, NASCAR The Game|
|Release date(s)||February 18, 2014|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
NASCAR '14 is a NASCAR video game. It is the third edition of the NASCAR The Game racing simulator series, and is the sequel to NASCAR The Game: Inside Line. Developed by Eutechnyx and published by Deep Silver, the game was released on February 18, 2014, for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
For the second straight year, Eutechnyx held a "drive for the cover" campaign, allowing fans to vote for the NASCAR driver they would like to see on the cover of NASCAR '14. On December 10, 2013, it was announced that Tony Stewart was chosen as the game's cover driver, succeeding Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Driver rosters and paint schemes for the 2014 season will also be updated, with DLC being released on a monthly basis. The game also features all 23 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks.
The game has recevied mixed reviews. Jeremy Peeples of Hardcore Gamer gave the game a 3.5/5, saying "There’s a lot of fun to be had in the career mode tinkering with settings and getting things just right for a race, while the core racing action is quite exciting in any mode."
Meanwhile, much of the community behind the game is very upset with many wanting to have a full Xfinity Series, and Camping World Truck Series roster to go with the full Sprint Cup Series roster. Also, many die-hard league racers don't enjoy the fact that they cannot race full 16 car lobby's without extreme lag, and, "lag bubbles" affecting the race. Other complaints is that the game is pretty much identical from NASCAR The Game: Inside Line, with a few, minor additions.
- Suszek, Mike (October 22, 2013). "Deep Silver publishing NASCAR 14 in early 2014, starts cover vote contest". engadget.com. Engadget. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- Gluck, Jeff (December 3, 2013). "The driver on the cover of new NASCAR video game is...". USA Today. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- Robinson, Jon (February 4, 2014). ""NASCAR 14" Says Yes to Online Leagues, No to PS4 and Xbox One". si.com. Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Mazique, Brian (February 25, 2014). "NASCAR '14 Review: Impressions and Gameplay Videos for New Racing Game". bleacherreport.com. Bleacher Report. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Peeples, Jeremy (23 February 2014). "Review: NASCAR '14". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "NASCAR '14 - Drive For The Cover: And the winner". NASCAR The Game. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Haulica, Radu (13 January 2014). "Nascar '14 Allows Racing Fans to Compete Starting February 18". Softpedia. Retrieved 31 May 2014.