North American PlayStation cover art
|Developer(s)||EA Sports, Stormfront Studios|
|Mode(s)||Single Player, Multiplayer|
NASCAR 99 is a racing simulator video game developed and published by EA Sports and co-developed by Stormfront Studios. It was released for Nintendo 64 on September 11, 1998, and for the PlayStation on September 28, 1998. NASCAR 99 was the second game in the EA Sports NASCAR series of video games.
NASCAR 99 is the second game relating in EA Sports NASCAR series of video games. The game features thirty-one of the drivers from the 1998 Winston Cup Series season and six legendary drivers. The game also includes seventeen different NASCAR race tracks, including Atlanta Motor Speedway, Sears Point, and Michigan International Speedway. Furthermore, the game includes instructions from a crew chief, such as when to make a pit stop or when cars are around the player.
NASCAR 99 received mixed reviews upon its release. The game was praised for its authenticity, although critics felt that the graphics and sound effects were not improved from the previous game, NASCAR 98. Also, critics stated that the player would become "tired" of the game if they were a "racing-game fan."
- "NASCAR 99 for Playstation". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2013-06-01.
- "NASCAR 99 for Playstation - GameRankings". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "NASCAR 99 for Nintendo 64". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2013-06-01.
- Mac Donald, Ryan (1998-10-19). "NASCAR 99 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "NASCAR 99 Reviews and Articles for Playstation". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
|EA Sports NASCAR Series||Next game:
|This stock car racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|