NASCAR Heat 3
|NASCAR Heat 3|
Cover art featuring Hendrick Motorsports drivers
NASCAR Heat 3 is a racing video game simulating the 2018 NASCAR Cup Series and feeder competitions. It was developed by Monster Games and published by 704Games. It is the sequel to NASCAR Heat 2, and was released in North America and Europe on September 7, 2018 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows via Steam. Hendrick Motorsports drivers Jimmie Johnson, Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman and William Byron are featured on the cover. Along with the game announcement, a new Xtreme Dirt series was also announced as part of an enhanced career mode.
Like NASCAR Heat 2, the career mode option for the game includes the option to play in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Additions for the third installment include a new Xtreme Dirt Tour and the option to manage your own team in NASCAR national series competition. The Xtreme Dirt Tour emulates the feel of local dirt track racing, with a variety of new tracks. Notable new tracks include a dirt version of Bristol Motor Speedway and tracks originally featured in NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona that have received graphical updates. The Charlotte Motor Speedway road course is also available to play at in the Bank of America Roval 400 event.
On December 6, 2018, NASCAR, the Race Team Alliance and 704Games announced the creation of the eNASCAR Heat Pro League, an esports league for NH3. Interested players needed to qualify for a draft through a special set of online races. The draft was made up of teams owned by prominent NASCAR figures. Efforts were made to bring in nontraditional NASCAR demographics, such as shorter races.
|"Left Turn"||Cody Hicks|
|"Can't Hurt Me Anymore"||The Dirty Soul Revival|
|"All In"||Naked Walrus|
|"Road Trippin'"||The Lows|
|"Revels"||Joe Mansman and the Midnight Revival Band|
|"Black Dagger"||The Pink Spiders|
|"The More You Know"||The Dollar Bill Murrays|
|"Can't Keep Up"||Fire Fences|
|"Nowhere Fast"||Loyal Thieves|
|"Bigger & Better"||Sweet Ascent|
|"Dirt Track Bandit"||Bone Feather|
|"Never Enough"||Wild Adriatic|
|"Highway Tune"||Greta Van Fleet|
|"Slide"||The Cadillac Three|
|"Motorvate"||The Pack A.D.|
|"Fed to the Lions"||Tax The Heat|
The game was nominated for "Game, Franchise Racing" at the National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards.
- Errington, Tom (July 7, 2018). "NASCAR Heat 3 game release date revealed". Autosport. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Khan, Zarmena (July 8, 2018). "NASCAR Heat 3 Releasing on Consoles and PC This September". PlayStation LifeStyle. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Smith, Rebecca (July 10, 2018). "NASCAR Heat 3 Gets Xtreme Dirt Tour". TrueAchievements. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- "704Games Announces details, cover for NASCAR Heat 3, coming Sept. 7". NASCAR.com. July 7, 2018. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Good, Owen S. (July 7, 2018). "NASCAR Heat 3 deals the dirt to consoles this fall". Polygon. Retrieved July 12, 2018.
- Beaver, Dan (July 8, 2018). "NASCAR Heat 3 available in September". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "NASCAR, RTA, 704Games announce eSports League". NASCAR.com. December 6, 2018. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- Good, Owen S. (January 2, 2019). "The newest esports league might be the future of stock car racing". Polygon. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- "Nominee List for 2018". National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers. February 11, 2019. Archived from the original on February 13, 2019. Retrieved February 19, 2019.