NASCAR Racing 3
|NASCAR Racing 3|
|Developer(s)||Papyrus Design Group|
|Artist(s)||David D. Flamburis|
Players can compete in the 1999 NASCAR Winston Cup Series and the 1999 NASCAR Busch Series. The game's multiplayer was powered by the World Opponent Network(WON), but is now inaccessible by this method after the end of WON servers in 2000. The game had an expansion called Craftsman Truck Series Expansion. Patches are available for updates for both the main and expansion games on the Sierra Entertainment website.
According to Edge, NASCAR Racing 3 sold at least 100,000 copies in the United States, but was beaten by NASCAR Racing 4's 260,000 sales in the region. Total US sales of NASCAR Racing computer games released in the 2000s reached 900,000 copies by August 2006.
NASCAR Racing 3 won GameSpot's 1999 "Driving Game of the Year" award. The editors called it "as ambitious as driving games get." It was also a nominee for CNET Gamecenter's "Best Racing Game" award, which went to Need for Speed III: High Stakes.
- NASCAR Racing 3 - IGN
- NASCAR Racing 3 Review - GameSpot.com
- Nascar Racing 3 Reviews and Previews (PC)
- Edge Staff (August 25, 2006). "The Top 100 PC Games of the 21st Century". Edge. Archived from the original on October 17, 2012.
- Staff. "The Best & Worst of 1999". GameSpot. Archived from the original on August 17, 2000.
- The Gamecenter Staff (January 21, 2000). "The Gamecenter Awards for 1999!". CNET Gamecenter. Archived from the original on June 6, 2000.
|This stock car racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|