|Final issue||January 6, 2010|
|Company||Street & Smith Sports|
|Based in||Charlotte, North Carolina|
NASCAR Scene was a weekly magazine about NASCAR stock car racing published by Street & Smith's Sports Group in North Carolina. It was established in 1976 and lasted until January 2010, making it one of the oldest NASCAR-specific publications at the time of this final issue. NASCAR Scene had a sister publication, NASCAR Illustrated, a monthly NASCAR lifestyle magazine format, that was also published by Street & Smith's until August 2016.
NASCAR Scene announced it would cease its weekly publication on January 6, 2010. The last issue was published in December 2009. Much of the content in Scene was merged into NASCAR Illustrated which was enhanced with additional coverage Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series.
NASCAR Scene staff
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2010)
- Phil Cavali
- David Exum
- Jeff Gluck (Now writes for JeffGluck.com)
- David Griffin
- Mike Hembree (Now writes for USA Today)
- Lee Montgomery
- Bob Pockrass (Now writes for Fox Sports)
- Jared Turner (Now writes for NASCAR Pole Position Magazine and track souvenir programs)
- Steve Waid (Now writes for PopularSpeed.com)
- Ben White
- Rea White
- Sam Cranston
- Shea Alexander
- Suzanne Corrado
- Scott Greig
- Jeff Owens (Now writes for Sporting News)
- Mark Sluder
- Art Weinstein
- Tom Stinson (Now edits for SportsBusiness Journal)
- Deb Williams
- Rick Houston
- Chad Fletcher
- Jim Fluharty
- Tim Wilcox
- Post a Comment (2010-01-06). "NASCAR Scene to merge into enhanced NASCAR Illustrated". Scenedaily.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "NASCAR Scene and SceneDaily.com layoffs". Sportsjournalists.com. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
|This NASCAR-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This sports magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.