NASL Final 1970
|Date||September 5, 1970|
|Venue||Aquinas Memorial Stadium, Rochester, New York|
|Date||September 13, 1970|
|Venue||Brookland Stadium, Washington, DC|
NASL Final 1970 was the North American Soccer League's postseason championship final of the 1970 season. The event was contested in a two-game aggregate match between the Rochester Lancers and the Washington Darts. The first leg was held on September 5, 1970 at Aquinas Memorial Stadium in Rochester, New York, with the Lancers victorious by a score of 3–0. The second leg was played on September 13, 1970 at Brookland Stadium in Washington, DC. That day the Darts came out on top by the score of 3–1. Renato Costa, who played under the alias of "Raul Herrera" that year, scored three of Rochester's four goals. With the two-day competition completed, the Rochester Lancers held a 4–3 aggregate lead and were crowned the 1970 NASL champions.
|Northern Champion||Aggregate||Southern Champion||First leg||Second leg||Attendance|
|Rochester Lancers||4–3||Washington Darts||3–0||1–3||September 5 • Aquinas Memorial Stadium • 9,321|
September 13 • Brookland Stadium • 5,543
|Rochester Lancers||3–0||Washington Darts|
|Costa 26' (Kankam)
Costa 61' (Ofori)
Marotti 72' (pen.)
|Washington Darts||3–1||Rochester Lancers|
|DeLeon 44' (pen.)
Gyau 49' (Grell)
Browne 65' (Archibald)
|Report||Costa 40' (Metidieri)|
1970 NASL Champions: Rochester Lancers
- Lewis, Michael (May 4, 1981). "Memories remain at Holleder". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. p. 1D. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- NASL. "NASLSoccerBowl - History - Past Winner". North American Soccer League.
- NASL. "NASL 1968-1984 - Yearly Result". North American Soccer League. Archived from the original on October 12, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2019-02-05. Retrieved 2013-10-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Previo Campeones: Rochester Lancers Capturan Titulo En 1970". 15 Sep 2015. Retrieved 2016-01-22.
- Loj, Alex (September 6, 1970). "Lancers Defeat Darts". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. p. 1D. Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Stolze, Craig (September 14, 1970). "Lancers Soccer Champs". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. p. 1D. Retrieved August 3, 2017.