Naviband performing in Kyiv in 2017
|Also known as||NAVI|
Naviband (also called NAVI) is a Belarusian band from Minsk. The band was founded by vocalist and guitarist Arciom Lukjanienka and vocalist and keyboardist Ksienija Žuk, but also features guitarist Aliaksandr Taboĺski, bassist Uladzislaŭ Čaščavik, and drummer Uladzimir Biehier. They represented Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, with the song "Historyja majho žyccia" finishing in 17th place.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Naviband was formed as duo in 2013 in Minsk by Arciom Lukjanienka and Ksienija Žuk. Their first project was the song "Abdymi myane", which was released in the summer of 2013. The song immediately became a radio hit in Belarus, which was the beginning of the duo's career. Lukjanienka and Žuk married on 5 September 2014.
Lovi and Soncam sahretyja (2014)
Naviband became regular participants of musical projects on Belarusian television, give first solo concerts in Minsk, Grodno, Gomel and perform at a Christmas concert at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow. Participate in the festivals Drujba (BY), "Musical evenings in Mir Castle" (BY) and Halfway (PL).
Becoming a band (2015)
In early 2015, Arciom Lukjanienka and Ksienija Žuk are joined by Aliaksandr Taboĺski (production, electric guitar), Uladzislaŭ Čaščavik (bass) and Uladzimir Biehier (drums) and Naviband from the duo becomes a band, which significantly expands the venues for the performances of the team.
In addition to solo performances in Belarusian cities, the group for the first time gives solo concerts in Prague, Warsaw, Moscow and St. Petersburg. Performers at the Wild Mint Festival (RU), Slavianski Bazaar (BY) and Bardauskaja Vosień (PL).
In January 2015, Naviband won the National Music Award "Lira" for "Best Song in Belarusian Language" ("Abdymi Miane").
Nominees of the Belarusian music award "Heroes of the Year 2015"
Popularity in Belarus (2016)
In 2016, Naviband was announced as a participant in the Belarusian selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Heta ziamla". They ended up placing fourth in the national final, being the only of 10 artists representing the song in the Belarusian language.
February 14, 2016 sold-out solo concert in Minsk club Re:Public.
Naviband actively tours Belarus with solo concerts, and also participates in the festival Wild Mint Festival (RU) along with Spleen and 5'Nizza, Basowiszcza (PL) along with Brutto, A-Fest (BY) along with Brainstorm, and Mirum Music Festival (BY) with Onuka, The Hardkiss and Red Snapper.
At the end of 2016 Naviband again declare their desire to represent Belarus at the Eurovision Song Contest-2017 and go to the final of the National selection with the song "Historyja Majho žyccia" (The Story of My Life) in Belarusian language.
Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Iliuminacyja (2017)
On 20 January 2017, Naviband again took part in the Belarusian Eurovision selection with the song "Historyja Majho žyccia" (The Story of My Life). The same day the third album of the band was released, it was called Iliuminacyja.
In the final of the national selection, Naviband took 1st place and represented Belarus at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in May 2017 in Kiev, becoming the first participant in the history of the contest who performed the song in the Belarusian language.
After the draw, it became known that Naviband will perform in the second semifinal on 11 May. Based on the results of the voting on May 11, the group reached the final of the competition, where it performed at number 3. In the final, Naviband scored 83 points, finishing in a respectable 17th place. Naviband's performance aroused great resonance and extremely positive public reaction.
Naviband performed as a headliner on a variety of music festivals, including Basowiszcza (PL), Rock za Bobrov (BY), Mirum Music Festival (BY), etc.
On 3 June 2017, about 10 thousand people came to the Naviband performance near the Minsk City Hall. A live performance on July 3 near Stella's "Minsk - Hero City" on-air was broadcast by National TV-channel.
Adnoj Darohaj (2017)
On 8 December 2017, Naviband released the 4th album - Adnoj Darohaj. From the first day it took the first line of the charts of Belarusian iTunes and Google Play Music. All the songs on the album are written in Belarusian language.
On February 16, 2018, they performed "Historyja Majho žyccia" and "A dzie žyvieš ty?" at the Belarusian selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. On March 1, 2018, Ksienija announced on her Instagram that they are expecting a son. Their son Matsei was born on 1 May 2018.
- Arciom Lukjanienka – vocals, guitar – born Hlybokaye, Vitebsk Region. He is an adherent of the Catholic Church. 13 August 1992 in
- Ksienija Žuk – vocals, keyboard – born December 21, 1991 in Minsk.
- Aliaksandr Taboĺski – production, electric guitar
- Uladzislaŭ Čaščavik – bass
- Uladzimir Biehier – drums
|Live from Minsk 14.02.2016|
(Give Me a Hug)
|"Historyja majho žyccia"
(Story of my life)
|"A dzie žyvieš ty?"
(And where do you live?)
|Eurovision Song CZ||2018||International jury member|
- Runcie, Charlotte. "Eurovision Winner: Portugal Wins for the First Time, and Other Highlights from the Final". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 14 May 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Пять фактов о группе Navi". Наша Ніва (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Артем Лукьяненко из NaviBand: Предложение Ксюше сделал три года назад" [Artyom Lukyanenko from NaviBand: I made a proposal to Ksyusha three years ago]. Komsomolskaya Pravda v Belarusi. 15 May 2017. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- "Navi презентовали акустический альбом "Сонцам сагрэтыя" (слушать)". euroradio.fm (in Russian). Euroradio. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Navi "Лови" (+аудио)". experty.by (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Сергей Бабкин начал минский концерт с минуты молчания | Belarusian News Photos". www.bnp.by (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Группа NAVIBAND – представитель Беларуси на Евровидении-2017 | Belarus.by". www.belarus.by (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Национальная музыкальная премия-2014 - ОНТ". НОВОСТИ. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Sputnik. "Navi: як адчуваеш, так і рабі". bel.sputnik.by (in Belarusian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Победителями фестиваля "Басовішча-2015" стали группы Navi и TonqiXod". Новости Беларуси | euroradio.fm (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Пять малоизвестных фактов о группе NaviBand". charter97.org. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Brey, Marco (22 January 2016). "IVAN will represent Belarus!". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- Navi Band (2016-09-07), NAVIBAND feat. Joss Stone - Абдымі мяне (Hug Me), retrieved 2017-12-15
- "NAVIBAND с белорусскоязычной песней представит страну на "Евровидении-2017"". TUT.BY (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Чернухо, Александр. ""Хочется, чтобы этот альбом стал знаковым для Беларуси!" Парень с девушкой, которые второй год пробуют попасть на "Евровидение", представляют "Иллюминацию" - Люди onliner.by". Onliner.by (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Belarus: Navi To Eurovision Song Contest 2017 - Eurovoix". Eurovoix. 2017-01-20. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "NaviBand take 17th place at Eurovision 2017". www.tvr.by. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- TUT.BY (2017-05-15), NaviBand вернулись в Минск после "Евровидения", retrieved 2017-12-15
- "Naviband, "Дрозды" и "Леприконсы" выступят у стелы "Минск — город-герой" в честь Дня Республики". Информационное агентство Минск Новости (in Russian). 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Malinovskiy, Sergey (4 December 2017). "Артем и Ксюша из Naviband ждут ребенка!". kp.by (in Russian). Komsomolskaya Pravda in Belarus. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- Navi Band (2017-12-04), NAVIBAND - A Dzie Žyvieš Ty? - А дзе жывеш ты? [Official Music Video], retrieved 2017-12-15
- Adnoj Darohaj by NAVIBAND on iTunes, 2017-11-21, retrieved 2017-12-15
- "Naviband: Adnoj Darohaj - Music on Google Play". Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Naviband releases new album "Adnoj Darohaj"". Belarus News. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Adnoj Darohaj by NAVIBAND on iTunes, 2017-11-21, retrieved 2017-12-15
- ""Такіх сінглаў мы яшчэ не выпускалі". У Navi нарадзіўся сын, яго назвалі Мацеем". nina.nn.by (in Belarusian). Nina - Nasha Niva. 1 May 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "21:35, Ксения Жук - "...артём просто католик..."" (in Russian). АТН. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Weaver, Jessica (22 January 2018). "Czech Republic: ČT reveals international jury members for 2018 national final". esctoday.com. ESCtoday. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Help You Fly"
| Belarus in the Eurovision Song Contest