NBA Elite 11
|NBA Elite 11|
|Release||Cancelled (PS3, X360)
November 5, 2010 (iOS)
A release of the game for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 was scheduled for October 5, 2010,  Previously, a download code for NBA Jam was to be included with copies of Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of NBA Elite 11, but NBA Jam was subsequently released as a standalone game for both systems and the Wii.
Controls were retooled to primarily use the right analog stick for actions such as shooting. New animations were also added.
The iOS version features a 3-point shootout mode, season mode, playoff mode, and play mode.
Development and cancellation for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
The developers of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions aimed to completely change the game's control system, but were pressed for time with an eighteen-month development cycle. A demo was released while the game was being finalized. The demo was plagued with glitches that were much publicized, including one involving a player, most famously Andrew Bynum in a YouTube video, stuck in the middle of the court in the model's bind pose (the default pose used to model the character, before any animation is applied). Another glitch that was noticed in NBA Elite 11 involved Chicago Bulls Luol Deng. Deng had a "hotspot" from the left baseline where he almost never missed from. Developers were aware of an animation bug, but intended to fix it before release. After internal review of the game, EA found the product to be unsatisfactory and cancelled the game.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2015)|
- All-Star Kevin Durant Named Cover Athlete of EA Sports NBA Elite 11
- 11/04/10 11:30pm 11/04/10 11:30pm. "NBA Elite 11 Available Now!". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "NBA Elite 11 Copies Do Exist". Pastapadre.com. October 1, 2010. Retrieved 2015-03-05.
- Molina, Bret (2010-09-28). "Electronic Arts delays release of 'NBA Elite 11'". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Rangebar Merani (2010-08-03). "NBA Jam gets Bundled with 360, PS3 Copies of NBA Elite 11 | Ripten Video Game Blog". Ripten.com. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- NBA Elite 11 Gets New Announce Team
- "Become Legendary" Mode Unveiled For NBA Elite 11
- "NBA Elite 11 demo available, soundtrack revealed". Destructoid. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "J. COLE AND 9TH WONDER CREATE SOUNDTRACK FOR EA SPORTS NBA ELITE 11 | The Official J. Cole Site". Jcolemusic.com. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- 9/21/10 6:20pm 9/21/10 6:20pm. "The Passion Of The Bynum". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- 12/02/10 4:00pm 12/02/10 4:00pm. "How A Big Video Game Was Killed". Kotaku.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "NBA Elite 11 Copies Do Exist". pastapadre.com. 2010-10-30. Retrieved 2013-09-01.