NBA Inside Stuff
|NBA Inside Stuff|
|Presented by||Grant Hill
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||Original series: 15
Revival series: 4
|No. of episodes||N/A (airs weekly)|
|Running time||21–22 minutes (1990-2002)
23-24 minutes (2002-2005)
|Original network||NBC (1990-2002)
NBA TV (2013-present)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV/4:3 pillarbox) (1990-2005)
1080i (HDTV) (2013-present)
480i (SDTV/16:9 letterbox) (2013-present)
|Original release||Original series:
October 27, 1990 – Summer 2005
November 2, 2013 – present
|Followed by||NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad (2005–2011)|
|Related shows||Inside the NBA
Run It Back
|NBA.com's Inside Stuff page||www
NBA Inside Stuff is a television program airing on NBA TV and previously aired on NBC for many years, then on ABC, featuring behind the scenes activities of NBA players. The program also includes features on fitness and fundamentals of basketball. Previously hosted by Ahmad Rashād (and once co-hosted by Julie Moran, and then Willow Bay) and Summer Sanders, the show is now hosted by former NBA star Grant Hill and Kristen Ledlow.
NBA Inside Stuff served as a sort of recap and analysis show reviewing the week's previous games in the NBA, complete with top plays and special moments. The hosts would also interview top NBA players outside of game situations, often discussing issues relevant to them.
The show first aired on October 27, 1990 and ended in 2005. After an eight-year hiatus, NBA TV brought back Inside Stuff with new hosts and a new look. The revamped show began airing on November 2, 2013 on NBA TV.
NBA Inside Stuff was usually the bridge program for NBC between TNBC and Saturday afternoon programming, usually sports. In the late 1990s the program received some adaptation in order to meet the FCC's educational and informational requirements. When it moved to ABC in 2002, it aired between that network's ABC Kids morning lineup and afternoon sports programming (occasionally being moved to Sundays during college football season). ABC replaced NBA Inside Stuff with the similarly themed NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad (which ran until the ABC Kids block was discontinued in 2011). As its name implies, Rashad was the host. NBA Inside Stuff was moved at that time to NBA TV.
As previously mentioned, NBA TV announced that after an eight-year hiatus, NBA Inside Stuff would return with Grant Hill and Kristen Ledlow as hosts. The commercial for the then-newly resurrected NBA Inside Stuff later aired on NBA TV.
- Grant Hill: Retired in 2013 following an 18-year NBA career, he is a seven-time NBA All-Star, five-time All-NBA selection, three-time winner of the NBA Sportsmanship Award and NBA co-Rookie of the Year in 1995. A small forward and the third overall pick in the 1994 NBA draft, played for the Detroit Pistons, Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Clippers during his NBA career. He won two NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championships (1991 and 1992) at Duke University, where his No. 33 jersey is retired. He also is an analyst on NBA TV and occasionally on Inside the NBA.
- Kristen Ledlow: Co-host of The Morning Drive, the morning show of Atlanta sports radio station 92.9 FM The Game, and also a reporter for NBA TV's Game Time. She’s previously served as a field reporter for Fox Sports and Scout.com covering Southeast Conference and Atlantic Coast Conference football and basketball. Additionally, Ledlow has anchored WTXL-TV 27 News and has been a sideline reporter for 97.9 ESPN Radio in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Shaquille O'Neal (fill-in host): Also a rapper and actor, he retired in 2011 after an NBA career that included the 2000 Most Valuable Player award and four NBA championships and was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2016. A center drafted first overall by the Magic in 1992, he also played for the Suns, Los Angeles Lakers (where his #34 is retired), Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics. He joined TNT/NBA TV following his retirement and currently is an analyst on Inside the NBA and the presenter of popular blooper segment Shaqtin' a Fool.
- "NBA Inside Stuff is Back With Grant Hill (VIDEO)". SLAM Magazine. October 9, 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- "Inside Stuff returns!". YouTube. NBA/NBA TV. October 9, 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013.