NBA Jam 99
|NBA Jam 99|
European Nintendo 64 cover art
|Developer(s)||Acclaim Studios Austin
Torus Games (GBC)
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
NBA Jam 99 is a basketball game for the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color, it was released in 1998. New Jersey Nets forward Keith Van Horn appeared on the cover. Acclaim was unable to secure the license to use Michael Jordan's name or likeness, and as such he was not available as a player for the Chicago Bulls. A player named Roster Guard is available in his place. Rosters are accurate as of July 1, 1998. The game also features Kevin Harlan on play-by-play with Bill Walton as the color commentator. The Utah Jazz' Dan Roberts provides the arena announcing.
The game play for NBA Jam 99 differed in that the game featured 5-on-5 play, replacing NBA Jam's typically 2-on-2 play.
The Nintendo 64 version of NBA Jam '99 received generally positive reviews, receiving a 75.39% on GameRankings.
Game Boy Color Reception
Unlike the N64 version the Game Boy Color version received mixed reviews with a mediocre 58% on GameRankings .
- NBA Jam 99 at MobyGames
- Taruc, Nelson (December 24, 1998). "NBA Jam 99 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- McCall, Scott (June 29, 2000). "NBA Jam 99". Archive 64. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- Gerstmann, Jeff (January 28, 2000). "NBA Jam 99 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Matias, Alec (March 23, 2000). "NBA Jam 99". IGN. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "NBA 2k18 locker codes". Friday, 9 December 2016
|This article about a basketball video game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|