NBC Sports Radio
|Type||Sports radio network|
|Parent||NBC Sports Group
Senior Vice President, NBC Sports Ventures and International
Executive Vice President, General Manager, Dial Global
|September 4, 2012
April 8, 2013 (24 hours)
|NBC Sports Radio|
NBC Sports Radio is a sports radio network that debuted on September 4, 2012. The network content is produced by NBC Sports Group and distributed by Westwood One, which is the corporate successor to the remains of the original NBC Radio Network that was dissolved in the 1980s. NBC Sports Radio is available through over 300 affiliates throughout the United States as of September 2013, as well as through live streaming on NBCSportsRadio.com, NBCSports.com, WestwoodOneSports.com, and the affiliates' websites. Its launch made NBC the last major broadcast network with a sports radio network to complement its sports division.
NBC Sports Radio programming began airing from 7p to 5a ET weekdays, but also aired sports updates on the weekends. In January 2013, NBC Sports Radio launched 24-hour weekend programming on Saturdays and Sunday. NBC Sports Radio had a full weekly schedule of programming beginning on Monday, April 8, 2013.
- Mike Florio – Pro Football Talk
- Mark Malone – Under Center with Mark Malone
- Amani Toomer – Going Deep with Amani and Dan
- Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe – The 2 Robbies Football Show
- Rodney Harrison – Safety Blitz
- Chris Mannix – The Chris Mannix Show
NBC Sports Radio Updates are at the top and bottom of the hour.
- "DIAL GLOBAL and NBC SPORTS GROUP NAME JACK SILVER, PROGRAM DIRECTOR, NBC SPORTS RADIO NETWORK". Dial Global. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "NBC SPORTS RADIO ANNOUNCES AROUND-THE-CLOCK WEEKEND PROGRAMMING AND WEEKEND TALENT LINEUP". Dial Global. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "NBC SPORTS RADIO IS ON THE AIR". NBC Sports Group. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "STAN VAN GUNDY JOINS NBC SPORTS NETWORK'S COVERAGE OF NAVY-MARINE CORPS CLASSIC". NBC Sports Group. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "NBC SPORTS RADIO ADDS BOBBY VALENTINE TO LINEUP". NBC Sports Group. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "NBC SPORTS RADIO ADDS DONOVAN MCNABB AS MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR". NBC Sports Group. Retrieved 6 February 2013.