|Headquarters||Ronkonkoma, New York, U.S.|
|Paul Sturman, CEO|
|Revenue||$3 billion (2013)|
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts|
The Carlyle Group
Nature's Bounty Co., formerly known as NBTY, is an American manufacturer, of vitamins and nutritional supplements which are distributed under many third party brands in the United States and internationally. Its name was changed from Nature's Bounty, Inc. to NBTY, Inc. in 1995. NBTY also markets products to chain stores such as CVS and Target.
In November 2016, the Company renamed itself Nature's Bounty Co.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Carlyle acquired NBTY in 2010 for $3.8 billion. As of 2015, the company reported a total sales of 3 billion dollars, with $1.9 billion Consumer Products Group, $891 million Holland & Barrett International and $247 million Direct-to-Consumer. It considered selling the company amid growing interests from China, or an IPO early 2017.
Nature's Bounty Co. distributes its products to supermarkets, drug store chains, mass merchandisers, club stores, and health food stores under various brand names, as well as selling direct-to-consumer. Brands that NBTY owns:
The 2011 Consumer Reports Investigation Controversy
A 2011 Consumer Reports investigation found "total PCBs in amounts that could require warning labels under California’s Proposition 65, a consumer right-to-know law, in one sample of the CVS, GNC, and Sundown products, and in two samples of Nature’s Bounty".
- "NBTY, Inc. - Company Profile, Information, Business Description, History, Background Information on NBTY, Inc". www.referenceforbusiness.com. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "Nature's Bounty, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "NBTY Inc. Corporate Overview". Corporate-ir.net. Archived from the original on 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Symbol Lookup from Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "NBTY Inc. Becomes The Nature's Bounty Co., Reflecting its Commitment to Global Wellness".
- "The Nature's Bounty Co. Fact Sheet" (PDF).
- "Carlyle hires Goldman Sachs to help sell Nature's Bounty: sources". Reuters. 2017-01-07. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "Report: IPO weighed for Nature's Bounty". Newsday. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- "The Natures Bounty Company acquires The Best Bar Ever". FoodBev Media Ltd. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Fish Oil & Omega 3 Supplements Reviewed & Claim Checked - Consumer Reports". Retrieved 2017-06-18.