NCAA Division III Men's Basketball Championship
|No. of teams||62|
|Country||NCAA Division III (USA)|
|St. Thomas (MN) (2)|
The NCAA Division III Men's Basketball Championship is an annual tournament to determine NCAA Division III national champion.
Since 1996, the NCAA Division III men's basketball championship has been held at the Salem Civic Center in Salem, Virginia. The event has been hosted by the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and the City of Salem. Since 2015, the tournament is a 62-team single-elimination tournament, with teams advancing from four regionals to the semifinals and final in Salem.
For 2013, as part of the celebration of the 75th NCAA Division I tournament, the championship games in both the Division II and Division III NCAA tournaments were played at Philips Arena in Atlanta. Since 2014, the final game returned to Salem.
- Source: 
- Reading, Pennsylvania 1975–1976
- Rock Island, Illinois 1977–1981
- Grand Rapids, Michigan 1982–1988
- Springfield, Ohio 1989–1992
- Buffalo, New York 1993–1995
- Salem, Virginia 1996- (semifinals only in 2013)
- Atlanta, Georgia 2013 (championship game only)
Championships by Schools
|Wisconsin–Stevens Point||4||2004, 2005, 2010, 2015|
|Wisconsin–Whitewater||4||1984, 1989, 2012, 2014|
|Wisconsin–Platteville||4||1991, 1995, 1998, 1999|
|St. Thomas (MN)||2||2011, 2016.|
|Potsdam State||2||1981, 1986|
|Washington (MO)||2||2008, 2009|
- NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship
- NCAA Division II Men's Basketball Championship
- NAIA Men's Basketball Championships
- "Success paves way for 75th celebration" (Press release). NCAA. May 10, 2012. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "Preliminary round sites announced for 2014, 2015 NCAA tournaments". NCAA. December 16, 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Kalsow comes through for Pointers - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
- Balenga leads Virginia Wesleyan to title - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
- Amherst notches first D-III basketball championship - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
- Washington University repeats as Division-III champion - ESPN
- Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers rally to beat Williams College for DIII title - ESPN
- St. Thomas pounds Wooster for NCAA Division III men's title - ESPN
- Wisconsin-Whitewater wins D-III men's hoops crown - ESPN
- "It's a family tradition at Whitewater; KJ Evans earns MOP, follows in uncle's footsteps". NCAA. NCAA.com. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Division III Men’s Basketball Championship" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. p. 17. Retrieved 2016-03-31.