Nationaal Coördinator Terrorismebestrijding en Veiligheid
The Nationaal Coördinator Terrorismebestrijding en Veiligheid (NCTV) is the Dutch official counter-terrorism unit established in January 2005, and enlarged and renamed in October 2012. It The NCTV is the responsibility of the Dutch Minister of Security and Justice (the lead minister for counter-terrorism). The NCTV is responsible for civil aviation and analyses terrorism threat and determines the domestic threat level (minimal, limited, substantial, or critical) in the Netherlands. The threat level was raised from limited to substantial in April 2007 when the NCTV revealed that the Netherlands was specifically mentioned in international terrorists' websites, and indicated that the country had 2,500 to 3,000 potential Islamic radicals.
- Counter-Terrorism in Comparative ... - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- Homeland security in the UK: future ... - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Xinhua - English". News.xinhuanet.com. 2005-09-17. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (2009-04-30). "Refworld | Country Reports on Terrorism 2008 - The Netherlands". UNHCR. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- Berkowitz, Ben (2009-12-26). "Airline suspect started out in Lagos - Dutch NCTb". Reuters. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- [dead link]