|Type||Centre of Excellence|
National Digital Crime Resource & Training Centre (NDCRTC) is a centre functioning under the IT wing of SVP National Police Academy (SVPNPA) with the objective of Capacity Building of Law Enforcement Agencies in Cyber Crime Investigation. This Centre is giving training to officers from State Police, CPOs and other LEAs of Central Government, Digital Forensic Experts of CFSL and State FSL, Judges and Prosecutors. The main objective of this Centre is to build capacity in the field of Cyber Crime Investigation and creating Master Trainers in this field among all wings of Criminal Justice System of the Country in association with all agencies of State as well as Central Government working in this field.
This Centre is being governed by a Governing Body headed by Director, NPA. The Governing body will be assisted by Technical Advisory Body composed of domain experts from Police, other LEAs, Forensic Science Departments and Industry. The main focus of this centre at present is on Digital Forensics. However, in future, it will also focus on IT Act, Digital Evidence, Malware Analysis and Cyber Security. The long-term vision is to make this Centre a “Centre of Excellence” in the field of Cyber Crime Investigation Training in the country.
The Vision of NDCRTC is to be a National Centre of Excellence for training in the field of Digital Crime investigation and Cyber Forensics. It intends to achieve this vision through the establishment of a governance structure designed specifically to provide for autonomy, flexibility, accountability and for building production interfaces with various police organisations, Judiciary, forensic laboratories, Academia, and the industry.
The team has provided hands-on training on disk forensics, mobile forensics & CDR analysis, Windows forensics, Internet-based crimes, open-source intelligence and social media analysis. The team has developed some powerful tools for hashing, registry analysis and CDR analysis to ease up the process of Forensic analysis. NDCRTC won the Excellence Award in the category of Law Enforcement Capacity Building by DSCI at the Annual Information Security Summit 2016 (AISS2016)
Trainings by NDCRTC in SVP National Police Academy
- 02 days Course on ‘Dark web for LEAs’
- 3-day Course on “Network & Cloud Forensics”
- 3 day Course on 'Dark web & Crypto Currency'
- 03-days course on "OSINT & Social Media Analysis"
- 03 Days Course on "Investigation of Digital Payments Frauds"
- Three days Course on 'Cyber Crime & Cyber Law' for Judicial Officers & Public Prosecutors
- 5-day Course on 'Cyber Crime Investigation'
- 5 day Advance Course on "Cyber Crime, Dark Web and investigation of Crypto Currencies"
- 5 Day Course on ''Disc Forensics''
Trainings provided by NDCRTC on Cyber Crime Investigation & Digital Forensics to Officers from Foreign Nationals
NDCRTC on Social Media
Article from The New Indian Express
- "Five officers from the National Digital Crime Resource and Training Centre (NDCRTC) of IT Wing of the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad visited Sierra Leone with the objective ofCapacity building. They imparted training to the Cyber Crimes Bureau of the Sierra Leone Police from October 01-13, 2018" (PDF).
- "03 Days Course on "Investigation of Digital Payments Frauds"". www.svpnpa.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- "A 5 Day Course on Disc Forensics was organized in the Academy from October 21-25, 2019. The course objectives were to understand various types of storage devices and how data is stored in them, to understand seizure of various storage devices, to understand Data Analysis with various disc forensic tools, understanding forensic extraction of data & understanding Linux & MAC forensic. 27 Officers of the rank Addl. DG to SP from 19 states and central police organisations including 5 officers from Sri Lanka Police attended the course".
- "5-day Advanced Course on "Cyber Crime, Dark Web and investigation of Crypto Currencies" was conducted in the Academy from December 16-20, 2019. The course objectives were to discuss various trends in cyber-crimes with modus operandi and the due process to follow the investigation, Introduction to the dark web and deep web & Introduction to various kinds of crypto-currencies that are available. Officers of the rank of ASP to IG from 21 state and central police organisations including 5 officers from Sri Lankan police attended the course".
- "03-days course on "OSINT & Social Media Analysis" was conducted in the Academy from November 13 -15, 2019. The course objectives were to train in skills, techniques, and tools used to gather information from Open Sources; analysis of Information for investigation; profiling a person/organization & doing time analysis, sentiment analysis, trend analysis on social media. Officers of the rank SP to IGP from 10 states and central police organisations including 5 officers from Sri Lanka Police have attended the course".
- "2-Weeks Course for "South Sudanese Police Officials on Organisational Excellence through Innovative Leadership with Emphasis on IT Infrastructure & Security' was conducted at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad from 25th March to 5th April 2019 for the South Sudan Police Officers".
- "About NDCRTC".
- "About NDCRTC".
- "More CISF personnel to fortify NPA". 7 November 2009 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "NPA Facility to Train 2,000 Policemen in Cybercrime Probe".
- "Cops set to crack down on cyber crooks".
- "साइबर दुनिया के आर्थिक अपराधों को रोकने के लिये नये तकनीकी उपाय खोजने की जरूरत: डीजीपी भट्ट - Amarujala".
- "NPA officials, State police discuss cyber threat". 9 May 2018 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Interpol ED stresses cybercrime training".
- "National Police Academy trains Odisha police to probe cyber crimes".
- "NCRB online courses for Odisha Police to crack cybercrimes".
- "Odisha DGP Inaugurates Cyber Police Station In Bhubaneswar".
- "Cyber crime training for Odisha policemen".
- "DGP unveils complex for cybercrimes".
- "disha DGP inaugurates cybercrime facility in Bhubaneswar".
- "DGP inaugurates cyber police station in Bhubaneswar".