NEC Green Rockets
|Full name||NEC Green Rockets|
|Union||Japan Rugby Football Union|
|Location||Abiko, Chiba, Japan|
NEC Green Rockets is a Japanese rugby union team in the Top League. The team's captain is Ryota Asano. The previous captain was Takuro Miuchi, who is currently the captain of the Japan national rugby union team. Before the semi-professional Top League was created, the team was just known as "NEC". The amateur club was founded in 1985 in the Kantō region.
NEC Green Rockets won the All-Japan Championship final for the second time on February 27, 2005, beating Toyota Verblitz 17-13. They drew 6-6 with Toshiba Brave Lupus in the 43rd Japan Championship final on February 26, 2006 after an effective defensive effort and the sin-binning of Glen Marsh in the last ten minutes of the game.
(c) Denotes team captain, Bold denotes player is internationally capped
- John Kirwan - before the Top League started, head coach of Japan national rugby union team
- Kiyonori Okano
- Takayuki Higo - coach
- George Konia
- Glen Marsh
- "NEC Green Rockets: The Team" (in Japanese). Top League. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- NEC, Toshiba share title, Daily Yomiuri, February 27, 2006
- NEC Green Rockets - official site
- Rugby gods smile on Green Rockets, Japan Times February 28, 2005