NEOMA Business School
|Merger of Reims Management School (1928) and Rouen Business School (1871)|
|Type||Grande école, Business school|
|Budget||85 million euros|
|160 permanent faculty members|
Reims, Rouen, Paris,
|Language||French and English|
NEOMA Business School is a French business school, created in 2013 by the merger of two business schools: Rouen Business School (established in 1871) and Reims Management School (established in 1928).
The School offers a range of programmes from Bachelor and Master in Management to Executive Education, spread across its three campuses (Reims, Rouen and Paris).
Its faculty, organised in six academic departments and a language centre, has a staff of over 160 professors, of whom more than half are international.
The two founding schools
The Advanced Business School of Rouen was created in 1873. It took the name Rouen Business School at the beginning of the new millennium.
The Advanced Business School of Reims was created in 1928. It took the name Reims Business School at the beginning of the new millennium.
Creation of NEOMA Business School
NEOMA Business School was created at the beginning of the 2013 academic year, following the merger of Rouen Business School and Reims Management School carried out by the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Rouen and Reims. This regrouping was part of a wave of similar operations in France (SKEMA Business School created in 2009, France Business School created in 2012 and KEDGE Business School created in 2013). Indeed, French business schools are now competing at international level and the number of students is increasing.
NEOMA Business School offers a range of teaching programmes from bachelor to doctoral degrees, across its three campuses. International students make up 25% of total student numbers.
• Global BBA
• Master in Management NEOMA BS
• Advanced Master in International Financial Analysis
• Master of Science Global Management
• Master of Science Finance
• Master of Science Marketing French Excellence
• Master of Science International Project Development
• Master of Science Supply Chain Management
• Master of Science International Master in Luxury Management (Dual qualification with the Politecnico di Milano "MIP")
• Global Executive MBA
• PhD in Management.
• Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA), joint qualification from NEOMA Business School and Jiao-tong University in Shanghai.
NEOMA Business School, after being specifically selected by the Hanban, launched in 2014 the first Confucius Institute for Business of France, and the seventh in the world. Other Confucius Institutes for Business are notably present in the London School of Economics and the New York State University. NEOMA Business School, which welcomes each year 300 Chinese students, has 16 Chinese academic partners, among which Renmin University, the Beijing University of International Business and Economics, Nankai University and Wuhan University. NEOMA BS stated that the institute will act as a platform dedicated to the optimisation of economic relations between China and France by providing solutions and helping local companies develop their business activities in China. Laurent Fabius, the French Foreign Minister, inaugurated the event. That same year, NEOMA Business School opened a Doctorate of Business Administration programme in Shanghai.
The Rouen Campus possesses a castle.
- Della Bradshaw, Reims and Rouen business school merger finalised, The Financial Times, 25 April 2013
- (in French) Quand Confucius fait du business en Normandie, Le Figaro Étudiant, 28 March 2014
- (in French) Premier institut Confucius orienté "business" en France inauguré à Rouen, Le Nouvel Observateur, 28 March 204
- Confucius Institute for Business London, London School of Economics
- Confucius Institute for Business, New York State University
- Dean of NEOMA Business School talks about cooperation with Chinese universities, CNTV, 12 October 2013
- NEOMA Business School launches the first Business Confucius Institute in France, NEOMA Business School, 28 March 2014
- NEOMA BS opens an executive DBA in Shanghai, NEOMA Business School, 19 September 2014