This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
NGD Studios is a game development company located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They started as a three group fusion and were the creators of an acclaimed game for a construction kit toy called Mis Ladrillos, which is similar to Lego toys.
They later created a mobile gaming division, making games for known brands like Axe and doing development for the multinational GlobalFun. After some successful games, GlobalFun acquired the mobile division from NGD Studios.
They are currently continuing development of a real-time, 3D massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) which emphasizes flexible gameplay and dynamic content. The game is called Regnum Online, and it has been in development for more than five years before its release in the first quarter of 2007. The game was intended for the Spanish-speaking market at the beginning but then improved enough to be targeted for other zones as well.
The game uses a proprietary engine called NG3D which was built from scratch with massive multiplayer games in mind. It supports a variety of features found in today's engines, such as hardware shaders support, continuous world loading, asynchronous resource management and a flexible gameplay system.
Regnum Online was officially released on May 24, 2007. Any information about future expansions and features have been not disclosed yet. With the update of the NG3D engine, NGD Studios made graphic updates on Regnum Online. In 2011, they released a game called Bunch of Heroes, made with the new NG3D 2.0. In this year, they also helped developing a game called Maldark: Conqueror of Worlds for Cartoon Network.
Games developed by NGD Studios
- (2002) Mis Ladrillos
- (2003) Mis Ladrillos 2: El Misterio de los Ladrillos Maestros (programming and game design by Caiman and Art, music and sound by NGD Studios)
- (2007) Regnum Online
- (2011) Bunch of Heroes
- (2016) Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars
Games developed by Globalfun Argentina (formerly NGD Studios mobile division)
- 3d Quad Puzzle
- Absolute Puzzle (programming only)
- Absolute Puzzle Deluxe
- Absolute Puzzle Split
- Absolute Puzzle Winter Edition
- Atomic Betty
- Axe - Marcales el camino
- Axe - Tetris
- Billy the Kid
- Billy the Kid 2
- Darwin's Ocean's Life
- Robin Hood
Other games developed by team members
- (1995) Regnum: (RTS) First CD-ROM game published in Argentina. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1996) Regnum 2: (RTS) Sequel to Regnum, published in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay with over 10,000 copies sold. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1997) Pentagon: (RTS) 3rd prize award winner, Enix Internet Entertainment Contest, Japan. Developed by Conde Software.
- (1998) Crisis: (RTS) Canceled
- (2001) Argentum Online: (MMORPG) Very popular Online game, with more than 10,000 users, originally developed by Pablo Marquez (Noland Studios), Matías Pequeño and Fernando Testa (both NGD Studios founding members).