This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
|Starring||Bill Pidto, John Buccigross, Barry Melrose and various analysts|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ESPN2 (1995–2004)|
|Original release||1995 –|
May 22, 2004
NHL 2Night is a former news magazine that used to broadcast highlights of National Hockey League games and stories about the league up to five nights a week on ESPN and ESPN2. It was usually broadcast live at 10:00PM ET or immediately following a game on ESPN2. It was then re-broadcast a few times throughout the night and following day.
The NHL and ESPN extended their broadcast agreement for the 2004–05 season, with options for the two following seasons. From a high of 129 game telecasts on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC in 1999–2000, the new deal called for 40 games on ESPN2. As part of this reduced commitment, the network cancelled NHL 2Night.
- Chris Berman: Fill-in host
- John Buccigross: Lead host (1998–2004)
- Bill Clement: Analyst
- Brian Engblom: Analyst
- Ray Ferraro: Playoffs analyst (1999–2002); Lead analyst (2002–2004)
- E.J. Hradek: Insider
- Michael Kim: Fill-in host
- Bob McKenzie: Insider ("North of the Border" segment)
- Barry Melrose: Lead Analyst
- Eddie Olczyk: Analyst
- Dave Revsine: Fill-in host
- Mr. Ed: Horse
- Darren Pang: Analyst
- Bill Pidto: Lead host (1995–1998)
- John Saunders: Fill-in host
- Kevin Corke: Fill-in host
- Faceoff—The beginning segment of the show where the day's top news is discussed
- Take Your Pick—A segment where the host and analyst(s) pick who will win a certain game or series
- Eh or Neh—A segment where the host brings up a topic. The analyst must say if it will happen (eh) or won't happen (neh)
- 2Night's Question—A trivia question asked at the first commercial break, usually relating to something that happened that day. The answer was revealed later in the show.
- Highlights-Usually the bread and butter of any sports show, this one focused on the results of any given NHL game.
- "#FlashbackFriday: NHL 2Night". ESPN Front Row. 2018-04-13. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "ESPN.com - TVLISTINGS - NHL 2Night". www.espn.com. Retrieved 2021-06-04.
- "Out of Bounds: An interview with John Buccigross". old.post-gazette.com. Retrieved 2021-06-04.