This article does not cite any sources. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Starring||Bill Pidto, John Buccigross and various analysts|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||ESPN2 (1995–2004)|
|Original release||1995 –|
May 22, 2004
NHL 2Night is a former news magazine that used to broadcast highlights of National Hockey League games and stories about the league up to five nights a week on ESPN and ESPN2. It was usually broadcast live at 10:00PM ET or immediately following a game on ESPN2. It was then re-broadcast a few times throughout the night and following day.
The NHL and ESPN extended their broadcast agreement for the 2004-05 season, with options for the two following seasons. From a high of 129 game telecasts on ESPN, ESPN2, and ABC in 1999-2000, the new deal called for 40 games on ESPN2. As part of this reduced commitment, the network cancelled NHL 2Night.
- Chris Berman: Fill-in host
- John Buccigross: Lead host (1998–2004)
- Bill Clement: Analyst
- Brian Engblom: Analyst
- Ray Ferraro: Lead analyst
- E.J. Hradek: Insider
- Michael Kim: Fill-in host
- Bob McKenzie: Insider ("North of the Border" segment)
- Barry Melrose: Lead Analyst
- Eddie Olczyk: Analyst
- Mr. Ed: Horse
- Darren Pang: Analyst
- Bill Pidto: Lead host (1995–1998)
- John Saunders: Fill-in host
- Kevin Corke: Fill-in host
- Faceoff—The beginning segment of the show where the day's top news is discussed
- Take Your Pick—A segment where the host and analyst(s) pick who will win a certain game or series
- Eh or Neh—A segment where the host brings up a topic. The analyst must say if it will happen (eh) or won't happen (neh)
- 2Night's Question—A trivia question asked at the first commercial break, usually relating to something that happened that day. The answer was revealed later in the show.
- Highlights-Usually the bread and butter of any sports show, this one focused on the results of any given NHL game.