NHS Ayrshire and Arran
|NHS Ayrshire and Arran|
|Bòrd SSN Siorrachd Inbhir Àir agus Eilean Arainn|
|Chief Exec||John G. Burns|
It has a responsibility to provide health and social care to almost 400,000 people with an operating budget of around £700 million (for 2013-2014).
The health board has almost 6,000 staff working in their hospitals, and almost 2,500 staff working in the community.
It is also responsible for the care provided by:
- 300 general practitioners and their teams at 90 sites
- 90 community pharmacies
- 160 dentists at more than 70 sites
- 60 ophthalmic practices
- List of hospitals in Scotland (NHS Ayrshire and Arran section)
In May 2015 only 88% of patients attending the Boards A&E departments were seen within the four-hour target. This was the worst performance of all the Scottish health boards.
- "Contact Us". www.nhsaaa.net. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Introducing NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Key facts about NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "NHS Lanarkshire statistics reveal hundreds wait more than eight hours in A&E". Daily Record. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- NHS Ayrshire and Arran official website
|This article related to government in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This National Health Service-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|