NHS Ayrshire and Arran
|NHS Ayrshire and Arran|
|Bòrd SSN Siorrachd Inbhir Àir agus Eilean Arainn|
|Chief executive||John G. Burns|
|Number of employees||8,500|
It has a responsibility to provide health and social care to almost 400,000 people with an operating budget of around £700 million (for 2013–2014).
The health board has almost 6,000 staff working in their hospitals, and almost 2,500 staff working in the community.
It is also responsible for the care provided by:
- 300 general practitioners and their teams at 90 sites
- 98 community pharmacies
- 160 dentists at more than 70 sites
- 60 ophthalmic practices
- List of hospitals in Scotland (NHS Ayrshire and Arran section)
In May 2015 only 88% of patients attending the Boards A&E departments were seen within the four-hour target. This was the worst performance of all the Scottish health boards.
The Health and Social Care Partnership in Ayrshire and Arran established three community wards to manage high-risk patients with heart problems and diabetes in 2016. This reduced emergency hospital admissions by 40% in the first six months of operation.
Nicola McIvor, catering production & services manager, was awarded Caterer of the Year in April 2017 at the annual Hospital Caterers Association awards. The production and services department won the Staff, Health and Wellbeing award.
- "Contact Us". www.nhsaaa.net. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Introducing NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Key facts about NHS Ayrshire & Arran". NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "NHS Lanarkshire statistics reveal hundreds wait more than eight hours in A&E". Daily Record. 11 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Health and Social Care Integration in Scotland: One Year On". Care Home UK. 24 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "HCA reveals winners of 2017 awards". The Caterer. 7 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.