NHS Dumfries and Galloway
|Dumfries and Galloway|
|Bòrd SSN Dùn Phris agus an Gall-Ghaidhealaibh|
|Region served||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Area size||6,216 square kilometres|
|Hospitals||List of hospitals|
NHS Dumfries and Galloway (Scottish Gaelic: Bòrd SSN Dùn Phris agus an Gall-Ghaidhealaibh) is the health board serving the Dumfries and Galloway region. It is one of the fourteen regions of NHS Scotland. NHS Dumfries & Galloway provides health care and promotes healthy living for the people of Dumfries and Galloway.
The population served is just 146,500, but within a large geographical area of about 2,400 square miles (6,200 km2). Dumfries and Galloway stretches from Langholm in the East to Stranraer in the West, and from Kirkconnel and Carsphairn in the North down to the Solway Coast. There are a number of Community Hospitals throughout the region, and an intermediate unit (including maternity services and medical & surgical beds) in Stranraer.
Its headquarters are at Crichton Hall, Dumfries.
The following people are on the Board:
- Chairman - Philip Jones
- Vice Chairman - Andrew Johnston
- Non Executive - Andrew Campbell
- Non Executive - Robert Allan
- Non Executive - Gillian Stanyard
- Non Executive - Laura K Douglas
- Non Executive - Penny Halliday
- Chief Executive - Jeff Ace
- Medical Director - Dr. Angus Cameron
- Director of Nursing - Hazel Borland
- Director of Finance - Katy Lewis
- Interim Directors of Public Health - Andrew Carnon and Michele McCoy
- Employee Director - James Beattie
- Chair, Area Clinical Forum - Moira Cossar
- Local Authority - Ronnie Nicholson
Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary • Midpark Hospital • Nithbank Hospital
Annan Hospital • Castle Douglas Hospital • Galloway Community Hospital, Stranraer • Kirkcudbright Hospital • Lochmaben Hospital • Moffat Hospital • Newton Stewart Hospital • Thomas Hope Hospital, Langholm • Thornhill Hospital
- Dumfries and Galloway NHS - About Us
- "Board Members". NHS Dumfries and Galloway. Retrieved 22 January 2015.