|Created||1 April 2004|
|Area size||990 square kilometres (380 sq mi)|
It operates one hospital, Balfour Hospital, in Kirkwall.
In 2009 the board published their own vision for how healthcare services across the Islands could be redesigned, in order to become more sustainable.
In 2011 the board took the decision to use tablet computers to reduce the printing costs associated with their meetings.
- "General Practices (GPs)". NHS Orkney. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "JR Scott heralds return to politics with the SNP". Southern Reporter. 18 December 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- "Our Orkney, Our Health - Transforming Clinical Services" (PDF). NHS Orkney. 2011. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "NHS Orkney cuts out paper in favour of iPads". BBC News. 19 September 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "New post for Kinniburgh". www.shetnews.co.uk. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
|This article related to government in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Orkney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|