Nice Systems building in Raanana, Israel
|Traded as||TASE: NICE
|David Kostman (Chairman), Barak Eilam (President and CEO)|
|Revenue||$926 million (2015)|
|$171.4 million (2015)|
|Profit||$258.8 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||NICE Systems Ltd.
NICE Systems Inc.
NICE Actimize Ltd.
The company serves various industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, outsourcers, retail, media, travel, service providers, and utilities.
Barak Eilam became CEO in April 2014, replacing Zeevi Bregman. Eilam previously headed the company's Americas division. As of December 31, 2015 the company has more than 4,122 employees worldwide.
NICE was founded in 1986 as Neptune Intelligence Computer Engineering (NICE) by 7 Israeli former army colleagues. The company initially focused on developing solutions for security and defense applications, but soon refocused their efforts on civilian applications, mainly for contact center, financial services and business intelligence markets. And over the past 5 years or so has transformed from being a recordings infrastructure company to an enterprise software applications company such as Oracle, Microsoft etc. The company crossed US$1 billion in bookings in 2013.
NICE has made a number of acquisitions, totaling $734 million from 2005 to 2011, including cash and stock paid:
- July 31, 2002: acquired Thales Contact Solutions (Previously Racal Recorders) in the UK for $53 million, from the Thales Group.
- June 1, 2005: acquired Dictaphone's Communications Recording Systems (CRS) assets for $42m.
- September 1, 2005: acquired Hannamax Hi-Tech for $3m.
- January 4, 2006: acquired FAST Video Security for $33m.
- May 22, 2006: acquired Performix for $14m.
- July 7, 2006: acquired IEX Corporation for $205m, adding Contact center Workforce management and performance optimization solutions to its portfolio.
- August 30, 2007: acquired Actimize for $281m, entering the Fraud Prevention, Anti-money laundering and Risk management solution markets.
- April 8, 2008: acquired Quality Plus Group for $12m.
- August 31, 2009: acquired Hexagon System Engineering Ltd. for $11m.
- September 1, 2009: Actimize acquired Fortent for $73m.
- February 15, 2011: acquired CyberTech International for $60m.
- September 19, 2011: acquired Fizzback for $80m.
- December 2, 2011: acquired Merced Systems for $150m.
- October 22, 2012: acquired Redkite Financial Markets, an emerging provider of real-time, cloud-based institutional trade surveillance solutions.
- August 7, 2013: acquired Causata.
- January 11, 2016: acquired Nexidia Nice Systems to buy analytics firm Nexidia for $135 million in cash.
- May 18, 2016: acquired inContact Software group Nice Systems to buy inContact for $940 million.
- "NICE Systems Ltd. (NICE)". Yahoo! Finance. 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE:Tel Aviv)". The Wall Street Journal . 21 June 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Scheer, Steven (February 4, 2014). "Nice Systems names Americas chief Barak Eilam as CEO". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Nice Systems' (NICE) CEO Barak Eilam on Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript". Seeking Alpha. May 8, 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- Zeev Bregman to Join NICE Systems, July 28, 2009, retrieved 2012-02-27
- NICE Marks 20th Anniversary, retrieved 2009-10-09
- NICE Systems to acquire Thales Contact Solutions, retrieved 2016-06-21
- NICE To Acquire The Assets Of Dictaphone’s Communications Recording Systems, retrieved 2016-06-21
- NICE To Acquire Hannamax Hi-Tech, retrieved 2016-06-21
- Nice Systems to acquire Actimize - Reuters, July 2, 2007, retrieved 2009-10-09
- NICE to Enhance Security Offering With the Acquisition of Hexagon, retrieved 2010-05-22
- NICE Systems and Actimize acquire Fortent - SC Magazine UK, retrieved 2009-10-09
- Ben-David, Calev (February 15, 2011), Nice Systems to Acquire CyberTech for $60 Million - Bloomberg, retrieved 2011-02-15
- "Nice Systems To Acquire Merced Systems For Up To $170M >NICE", The Wall Street Journal, December 2, 2011, retrieved 2011-12-02
- NICE to Acquire Causata to Enable a Seamless Customer Experience across the Web and Contact Center, August 7, 2013, retrieved 2016-06-21
- "Nice Systems to buy analytics firm Nexidia for $135 million in cash". Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Software group Nice Systems to buy inContact for $940 million". Retrieved 2016-06-21.