Nice Systems building in Raanana, Israel
|Traded as||TASE: NICE
|David Kostman (Chairman), Barak Eilam (President & CEO)|
|Revenue||$1.015 billion (2016)|
|$134.2 million (2016)|
|Profit||$116.9 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||NICE Systems Ltd.
NICE Systems Inc.
NICE Actimize Ltd.
(call center software)
The company serves various industries, such as financial services, telecommunications, healthcare, outsourcers, retail, media, travel, service providers, and utilities.
NICE was founded in 1986 as Neptune Intelligence Computer Engineering (NICE) by 7 Israeli former army colleagues. The company initially focused on developing technology for security and defense applications, but soon refocused their efforts on civilian applications, mainly for contact center, financial services and business intelligence markets. The company crossed US$350 million in bookings in 2005.
In 2017, NICE Systems accidentally exposed 6 Million Records of Verizon customers by an improperly configured Amazon S3 storage device. "The records, which held logs from residential customers who had called Verizon customer service in the past six months, were accessed via an unprotected Amazon S3 storage server controlled by an employee of Nice Systems. Each record included the customer’s name, mobile number, and account PIN, along with their home address, email address, and their Verizon account balance. While some records were partially redacted, most were not. Anyone with access to the records could have theoretically impersonated a subscriber and been granted access to their account." 
- "NICE Ltd. (NICE)". Yahoo! Finance. 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "NICE SYSTEMS LTD (NICE:Tel Aviv)". The Wall Street Journal . 2 June 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Scheer, Steven (February 4, 2014). "Nice Systems names Americas chief Barak Eilam as CEO". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Nice Systems' (NICE) CEO Barak Eilam on Q1 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript". Seeking Alpha. May 8, 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "NICE Marks 20th Anniversary". NICE News. March 2006. Archived from the original on October 22, 2007. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- Verizon partner data breach exposes millions of customer records
- NICE official web site