NLV Pharos at Greenock
|Namesake:||Lighthouse of Alexandria|
|Owner:||Williams & Glyn's Leasing Company|
|Operator:||Northern Lighthouse Board|
|Port of registry:||Leith|
|Awarded:||11 November 2004|
|Builder:||Remontowa, Gdańsk, Poland|
|Launched:||3 February 2006|
|Commissioned:||9 May 2007|
|Class and type:||Lloyd's + 100A1, +LMC, +UMS, CAS, DP(AA)|
|Displacement:||Deadweight: 1233 tonnes|
|Length:||o/a: 84.20m BP: 75.00m|
|Height:||Air Draught 30 m|
|Depth:||to Main Deck: 7.20 m|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric: Wärtsilä engines, 3 x 1370ekw – 2 x 685ekw; 2 x 1500kw Rolls Royce Azimuth Propellers; Two Bow Thrusters|
|Complement:||7 Officers & 11 PO/Crew|
|Aviation facilities:||forward helicopter flight deck|
NLV Pharos is a lighthouse tender operated by the Northern Lighthouse Board (NLB), the body responsible for the operation of lighthouses and marine navigation aids around the coasts of Scotland and the Isle of Man.
NLV Pharos and her sister ship, Galatea (2006) were built by Stocznia Remontowa SA, Gdańsk, Poland as part of a £38 million contract. Galatea serves the same role for Trinity House on the coast of England, Wales and the Channel Islands.
NLV Pharos is the tenth NLB vessel to carry the name, replacing the ninth Pharos in March 2007. The first Pharos, which operated as a lighthouse vessel from 1799 to 1810, was a simple wooden sloop 49 feet long (approx 15 metres) and 18 feet wide (approx 5½ metres). 
NLV Pharos is based in Oban and works mainly in Scottish and Manx waters, servicing over 200 automatic lighthouses, buoys, and beacons. She is also able to carry out hydrographic surveying and wreck finding and other commercial work under contract.
- "NLV Pharos Visits Douglas". Irish Sea Shipping. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Pharos". VesselTracker.com. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "NLV Pharos". Northern Lighthouse Board. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Press Release: Royal Commissioning of new ship NLV Pharos in Leith, Edinburgh". Northern Lighthouse Board. 9 May 2007. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Press Release: THV Galatea arrives in home port of Harwich". Trinity House. 23 July 2007. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Press Release: Northern Lighthouse Board Welcomes New Ship into Oban". Northern Lighthouse Board. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "The Great Pharos Lighthouse". Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NLV Pharos.|