|Passes through||North Sea|
|To||Diele or Brunsbüttel, Germany|
|Type of current||HVDC|
|Total length||623 km (387 mi)|
|Power rating||1,400 MW|
NordLink is a proposed subsea HVDC power cable between Norway and Germany. The over 500 kilometres (310 mi) long cable will have a capacity of 1,400 megawatt (MW) and an operational voltage of 500 kV. It is estimated to cost €1.5–2 billion, which was financed in 2015 when Statnett decided to realize the project. The interconnector is planned to be installed between a new substation at Ertsmyra (near Tonstad) in Norway and Wilster substation in Schleswig-Holstein in Germany. The new connection is expected to be tested in late 2019, and operational in 2020.
The Norwegian state-owned company and transmission system operator, Statnett SF, owns 50% of the project, whilst the Dutch transmission system operator TenneT TSO and the German state-owned bank KfW own the other half. A cable between Norway and Germany is listed in the EU's projects of common interest (PCI).
As of late 2017, some cables have been laid and the submarine link was under construction.
|Tonstad HVDC converter station|
|Djupvik Cable Terminal|
|Wilster HVDC converter station|
- "Statnett and E.ON mull Norway-Germany subsea cable". Power Engineering International. PennWell Corporation. 2008-01-10. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- "Statnett and E.ON Netz Launch Joint Feasibility Study for a DC-Cable Between Norway And Germany". Transmission & Distribution World. Penton Media, Inc. 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2010-03-14.
- Evans, Piers Grimley (2012-12-04). "Germany and Norway to build 1.4 GW link". Power Engineering International. PennWell Corporation. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- Erste Aufträge für 1.400-MW-Seekabel Nordlink vergeben Page 2
- Lie, Øyvind. "Statnett bygger kraftkabel til Tyskland" Teknisk Ukeblad, 10 February 2015. Retrieved : 22 February 2015.
- Crampsie, Sian (2010-04-12). "Statnett submits Nord.Link licence". Utility Week. Reed Business Information. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Nordic Grid Development Plan 2014 Archived 2015-01-04 at the Wayback Machine" page 59, Document no. 13/81818 - 5. Nordic TSOs, August 2014. Retrieved : January 2015.
- Nordlink interconnector