NOW Platform DA and PAS
|President||Andrei Năstase (PPDA)|
Maia Sandu (PAS)
|Founded||16 December 2018|
|Preceded by||Dignity and Truth Platform Party|
Party of Action and Solidarity
Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova
National Unity Party
|Political position||Centre to centre-right|
|Colours||Yellow, black, maroon|
26 / 101
NOW Platform DA and PAS, also known as ACUM, is a liberal-populist political alliance in the Republic of Moldova between two pro-European, anti-oligarchic parties, Party of Action and Solidarity and Dignity and Truth Platform Party formed with the aim of joint participation in 2019 Moldovan parliamentary election.
Since 2016 the idea of strengthening pro-European and anti-oligarchic forces has been circulated, and in 2017 opposition parties PAS and the DA Platform announced that they would form a common platform for the 2019 Moldovan parliamentary election. The strengthening of opposition forces also reflected in the designation of a joint candidate from the PAS and the DA platform for 2016 Moldovan presidential election and for the 2018 Chișinău mayoral election. Following the invalidity of the mayor's election, won by the joint candidate Andrei Năstase, the PAS, DA Platform Party, and LDPM announced the creation of the National Resistance Movement "Now".
On 16 December 2018 the PAS and the DA Platform, Maia Sandu and Andrei Năstase, signed the agreement establishing ACUM for the parliamentary elections of 24 February 2019, and on 21 December the bloc The electoral Committee was registered by the Central Electoral Commission of the Republic of Moldova The Liberal Democratic Party then joined the bloc "NOW DA/PAS", and some representatives of the PLDM found themselves in the list of the bloc's candidates on the national constituencies, and others will run from the bloc in some uninominal districts. In turn, the Liberal Democratic Party of Moldova and the National Unity Party declared the unconditional support for ACUM.
According to its founding agreement, the electoral bloc "NOW Platform DA and PAS" is headed by the Political Council consisting of 8 members of which:
- 2 co-presidents of the Political Council – Maia Sandu and Andrei Năstase; The co-Chairpersons of the Political Council are also co-Chairpersons of the electoral bloc;
- 6 members of the Political Council – Liliana Nicolaescu-Onofrei, Igor Grosu, Mihai Popșoi, Alexandru Slusari, Inga Grigoriu, Cyril Moțpan.
26 / 101
- Se vor uni PPDA, PAS și PLDM untr-un BLOC ELECTORAL în perspectiva alegerilor parlamentare? Andrei Năstase clarifică lucrurile Ziarul Național, 24.10.2016
- (video) Pas and da platform have officially announced the participation in the elections in 2018 Independent.md, 20 November 2017
- was created the National Resistance Movement for The "Plahotniuc regime". Plahotniuc is a subtle threat DW, 27.06.2018
- Video: Electoral bloc now the DA and PAS platform was constituted; "We unites the desire to put RM on the norm of normality" jurnal.md, 16.12.2018
- Decision on the registration of Electoral bloc "Now the DA and PAS platform" and the electoral symbol Central Electoral Commission.
- PLDM joins the electoral bloc now for the February 2019 elections JURNAL.MD, 9.12.2018
- PLR unconditionally supports the DA Pas bloc and Urges members and sympathizers to do the same jurnal.md, 17.12.2018
- (update) The National Unity Party will not go to the parliamentary elections of February 2019. The PUN will support the bloc now in the elections unimedia.info, 17.12.2018