|Open joint-stock company|
|Industry||Science and production|
|Founded||February 26, 1976|
Coordinates: NPO Molniya (lightning) (Russian: Научно-производственное объединение «Молния») is a Russian scientific and production enterprise, founded on February 26, 1976. Currently part of Technodinamika (Rostec Group).
At present, NPO Molniya is working on reusable launch systems for space applications.
The NPO Molniya Molniya-1 is a three surface design with single pusher propeller and twin tail booms. In the late 1990s, the company proposed a number of larger types based on the three surface configuration.
- Molniya 400 - a proposed jet cargo aircraft or airliner with a high-mounted wing and powered by two PS-90A turbofans. Freighter version would have had a rear fuselage ramp.
- Molniya 1000 Heracles - a proposed super heavy freighter to replace the VM-T Atlant and An-225 as a space load carrier. Unusual twin open fuselage design with the shuttle or other payload carried between the fuselages. A high mounted wing with six turbofan engines was proposed, it would have been capable of carrying a 450,000 kg load.
- Gleb Lozino-Lozinskiy, lead developer of Buran, General Director of NPO Molniya
- Official website (Russian) or (English)
- Official website (Russian)
- NPO Molniya at Buran.ru (in English).
|This rocketry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Russian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|