NPO Radio 2
|Slogan||Er is maar één NPO Radio 2|
|First air date||1985|
(1947 as Hilversum 1)
|Format||Hot AC, Dance, Oldies, Pop, Mainstream rock|
|Sister stations||NPO Radio 1|
NPO Radio 4
NPO Radio 5
NPO Soul & Jazz
NPO Radio 2 is a public-service radio station from the Netherlands, broadcasting in an adult hits format, focusing on the 1980s and 1990s, however 1960s and 1970s hits may also air. It is part of the Netherlands Public Broadcasting system, NPO.
The latest statistics show that Radio 2 has got a higher market share than any other station: 12%.
The origins of the station go back to "Hilversum 1", launched in 1947. The name change to "Radio 2" took place in 1985. In 2014, the name was changed to "NPO Radio 2".
Target audience and content
The primary target adult audience comprises listeners aged between 35 and 54, while NPO 3FM is aimed at listeners aged 15-34. The station plays a wide variety of songs from the 1980s to 1990s, though 1960s and 1970s songs may also be incorporated. Current hits air occasionally and are based upon 3FM's Mega Top 50 chart.
NPO Radio 2 is also known for its annual Radio 2 Top 2000 presentation, broadcast since 1999 continuously from Christmas Day till New Year's Day 0:00 CET "the 2000 best songs ever made" voted by the listeners.
As of 2018, the following broadcasting organizations participate in the production of NPO Radio 2's programming:
- Marc Adriani
- Leo Blokhuis
- Cobus Bosscha
- Peter van Bruggen
- Daniël Dekker
- Edwin Diergaarde
- Wouter van der Goes
- Sander Guis
- Bert Haandrikman
- Sander de Heer
- Dolf Jansen
- Astrid de Jong
- Ron Kas
- Corné Klijn
- Jeanne Kooijmans
- Bert Kranenbarg
- Sara Kroos
- Felix Meurders
- Frank du Mosch
- Jan-Willem Roodbeen
- Frits Sissing
- Mart Smeets
- Frits Spits
- Marc Stakenburg
- Rob Stenders
- Gijs Staverman
- Stefan Stasse
- Henk van Steeg
- Jeroen Kijk in de Vegte
- Alfred van de Wege
- Ruud de Wild
- De warmste zender van Nederland (The warmest channel in the Netherlands) (1992-1995)
- Je voelt je thuis (You're feeling at home) (1995-2001, this slogan is now used by Radio 5)
- Je hoort nog eens wat (You hear something again) (2001-2008)
- Radio 2 is overal (Radio 2 is everywhere) (2008-2011)
- De muziek zegt alles (The music is everything) (2011-2013)
- Come Together (2013-2015)
- De muziek is AAN (The music is ON) (2015-now)
- Er is maar één NPO Radio 2 (There is only ONE NPO Radio 2) (2017-now)
- "NPO Radio 2 houdt Radio 538 van koppositie af – Mediacourant.nl". www.mediacourant.nl. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "Radio 2 - De muziek zegt alles - Hilversum - Radio-, tv- en mediaproductie - Info". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
- "Radio 2 presenteert Top 2000 dj-elftal". RadioFreak.nl. 2012-12-01. Retrieved 2014-05-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Radio 2 (Netherlands).|
|This Netherlands-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|