NS1 antigen test
|NS1 antigen test|
A-Crystal-Structure-of-the-Dengue-Virus (which causes Dengue fever
NS1 antigen test ( nonstructural protein 1), is a test for dengue, introduced in 2006. It allows rapid detection on the first day of fever, before antibodies appear some 5 or more days later. It has been adopted for use in some 40 nations. The method of detection is through enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. India has introduced in 2010 the NS1 test costing 1,600 rupees at a private hospital in Mumbai.
The medical use of the NS1 antigen test can be defined to diagnose dengue infections and is effective to 1st day detection. Additionally, NS1 assay is useful for differential diagnostics in regards to flaviviruses.
NS1 is present in the serum of infected persons directly at the onset of clinical symptoms in primary dengue infection and produces a strong humoral response. It is detectable before the appearance of IgM antibodies.
DENV by NS1 antigen is laboratory confirmation of dengue in people also assessing clinical aspects (as well as, taking into account where the individual may have traveled recently). IgM anti-DENV ELISA and DENV ( RT-PCR) can also be used to diagnose Dengue fever.[medical citation needed]
- Bio Rad Launches Test for Early Diagnosis of the Dengue Virus
- Now, get dengue test results in just 48 hours - The Times of India
- "CDC - Laboratory Guidance - Dengue". www.cdc.gov. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- J. H. Amorim, R. Prince dos Santos Alves, S. B. Boscardin, L. C. de Souza Ferreira (2014). "The dengue virus non-structural 1 protein: Risks and benefits". Virus Research. 181: 53–60. doi:10.1016/j.virusres.2014.01.001. – via ScienceDirect (Subscription may be required or content may be available in libraries.)
- "Dengue - Chapter 3 - 2016 Yellow Book | Travelers' Health | CDC". wwwnc.cdc.gov. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- Peeling, Rosanna W.; Artsob, Harvey; Pelegrino, Jose Luis; Buchy, Philippe; Cardosa, Mary J.; Devi, Shamala; Enria, Delia A.; Farrar, Jeremy; Gubler, Duane J.; Guzman, Maria G.; Halstead, Scott B.; Hunsperger, Elizabeth; Kliks, Susie; Margolis, Harold S.; Nathanson, Carl M.; Nguyen, Vinh Chau; Rizzo, Nidia; Vázquez, Susana; Yoksan, Sutee (1 December 2010). "Evaluation of diagnostic tests: dengue". Nature Reviews Microbiology. 8: S30–S37. doi:10.1038/nrmicro2459. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "The Importance of Accurate Diagnosis of Dengue Fever". www.medscape.com. Medscape. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- Pal, Subhamoy; Dauner, Allison L.; Mitra, Indrani; Forshey, Brett M.; Garcia, Paquita; Morrison, Amy C.; Halsey, Eric S.; Kochel, Tadeusz J.; Wu, Shuenn-Jue L. (2014-11-20). "Evaluation of Dengue NS1 Antigen Rapid Tests and ELISA Kits Using Clinical Samples". PLoS ONE. 9 (11). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0113411. ISSN 1932-6203. PMC . PMID 25412170.
- Paranavitane, Shiran Ajith; Gomes, Laksiri; Kamaladasa, Achala; Adikari, Thiruni N; Wickramasinghe, Nilanka; Jeewandara, Chandima; Shyamali, Narangoda Liyanage Ajantha; Ogg, Graham Stuart; Malavige, Gathsaurie Neelika (31 October 2014). "Dengue NS1 antigen as a marker of severe clinical disease". BMC Infectious Diseases. 14 (1). doi:10.1186/s12879-014-0570-8. ISSN 1471-2334. Retrieved 26 July 2016.