Motion & Control
NSK headquarters in the Nissei Building in Tokyo
|Traded as||TYO: 6471
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||Tokyo (November 8, 1916 )|
|Headquarters||Ōsaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, 141-8560, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 8.12 billion) (FY 2014)|
|JP¥ 97.3 billion (FY2014)|
JP¥ 61.9 billion billion (FY 2014)(US$ 515.8 million) (FY 2014)
|Total assets||¥1.1 trillion (FY2014)|
|Total equity||¥456 billion (FY2014)|
Number of employees
|31,088 (as of March 31,2015)|
|Footnotes / references
NSK produces a wide range of industrial bearings, linear motion products, automotive bearings & modules as well as automotive steering systems. NSK´s products and solutions are sold globally through NSK´s own sales network.
Company background & milestones
- 1916: NSK Ltd. is established in Tokyo, Japan
- Opening of first NSK Sales Offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA and Düsseldorf, Germany
- Opening of production plants in São Paulo, Brazil, North America, UK and Asia
- Purchase of the UPI Group including RHP (UK) and Neuweg (Germany)
- Further opening of Sales Offices & Production Plants in UK, Germany & Switzerland
- Finalisation of Fujisawa Research & Development Centre in Japan
- Opening of the Technology Centre in Germany
- Further expansion of the Technology Centre in Germany
- Opening of the Steering Test Centre in Germany and further expansion of European plants
Present day business
More than 31,000 employees form a worldwide technology network consisting of over 60 production plants. Approximately three million new bearings are manufactured per day (from miniature bearings with a one-millimetre bore to bearings with a diameter of five meters).
The company invested more than $89 million in research and development as per March 2015. The Group has its own research and development centres on every continent.
Industries: Automotive OEMs and first tier suppliers as well as manufacturers of: electric motors; domestic appliances; wind turbines; gear boxes; pumps and compressors; machine tools; injection moulding machines; and suppliers to steel, cellulose and paper industries; printing industry; food and drink industry; mining and extraction technology; semiconductors and medicine; handling and automation; energy supply industry.
NSK Europe Ltd.
NSK Europe Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary company of NSK Ltd. and is registered in England & Wales. It has over 3,500 employees in Europe and has a turnover of more than 1,000 million Euro.
- 1963 Establishment of the first European NSK Sales Office in Düsseldorf, Germany
- 1970s Opening of the NSK office in Guyancourt, France and of the Production Plant in Peterlee, UK
- Acquisition of UPI group including production plants in England, Germany and Switzerland
- Opening of first European Technology Centre (ETC) in Newark, UK
- Foundation of NSK-RHP Europe and the establishment of NSK-RHP sales companies
- Renaming of NSK-RHP to NSK
- Establishment of a plant for Electric Power Steering System in Poland
- Acquisition of a major bearing manufacturer in Poland
- Further expansion of the Technology Centre & opening of the Steering Test Centre in Germany.
- Further expansion of European plants.
Business units & products
Industrial Bearings & Linear Components
Ball Bearings, Cylindrical Roller Bearings, Tapered Roller Bearings, Spherical Roller Bearings, Thrust Bearings, Super Precision Bearings, Ball Screws, Linear Guides and other Linear Products, including a wide range of Mechatronic and Precision products.
Automotive bearings & modules
Wheel Hub Bearings, Taper and Needle Bearings for Transmission, Integral Shaft Bearings for Water Pump, Magnetic Clutch Bearings for A/C Compressor
Manual /Electrical Adjust Steering Columns with integrated Energy Absorption Systems, Manual/ Electric Rake and Reach Adjustment; Electrically Power Assisted Steering Systems (EPAS) with integrated Energy Absorption Systems; Steering Columns and Steering Gears with Electrical Power Assist; Mechanical Steering Gears with tie rods; Intermediate Shafts (Slidable/Collapsible with Energy Absorb Capability), Universal (Constant Velocity) Joints, Noise Isolating Steering Joints
- "Corporate Profile". NSK. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- Martin C Timbrell; Diana L Tweedie (1998). Directory of Multinationals: K-Z. Waterlow. ISBN 978-0-333-67464-2.
- "Company Snapshot". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- "Financials". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- "Company Profile". Hoover's. Retrieved September 10, 2015.
- NSK Group Global Web Site (English)
- NSK European Web Site (English)
- NSK ASEAN Oceania Web Site (English)