|Owner||Launceston City Council|
|Operator||Northern Tasmanian Cricket Association (NTCA)|
|Northern Rangers (Association football)
Old Scotch (Australian rules football)
|Only ODI||2 February 1986:
India v New Zealand
|As of 8 January
The North Tasmania Cricket Association Ground, better known as the NTCA Ground, is the oldest first-class cricket ground in Australia. It is a multi-use sports venue situated in Launceston, Australia. In 1851, the ground hosted Australia's first intercolonial and initial first class cricket match. It is currently used mostly for club cricket matches and has a capacity of under 10,000.
The NTCA Ground was known as the Launceston Racecourse till 1841, after which it was renamed the Launceston Cricket Club Ground. It held this name till the 1885-86 season, after which it was renamed the North Tasmania Cricket Association Ground, a name that continues till date.
The NTCA Ground was the first cricket ground in Australia to host a first-class cricket match. In 1851, the ground hosted the first ever first-class cricket match in Australia, with the Van Diemen's Land XI defeating the Port Phillip XI. In 1986, it hosted its first – and to date, only – one-day international with a record crowd of 9,876 watching India defeat New Zealand.
The David Boon Stand on the main wing is the pavilion and main stand, and there are two other smaller stands on that wing, as well as an indoor practice facility, members' building and media building. On the outer is the hill, scoreboard, smaller open stand (old scoreboard stand) and plenty of old trees.
A One Day International Cricket match between New Zealand and India was held at the NTCA Ground on 2 February 1986. In a rain interrupted match, India won by 22 runs in front of a record crowd of 9,786.
- CricketArchive. (2003). North Tasmania Cricket Association Ground, Launceston. CricketArchive. Retrieved on 21 January 2016.
- Rose, T. (2000). The Initial First-Class Match in Australia. ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved on 2 January 2016.
- "Tasmania vs. Victoria, 1850–51". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Inc. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- 15th ODI India v New Zealand 2 February 1986 (2008) Cricinfo
- Hilton, Christopher (2009). Bradman And The Summer That Changed Cricket: The 1930 Australian Tour Of England. JR Books Limited. ISBN 978-1-906779-02-3.
- Green, Anne (2006). The Home of Sports and Manly Exercise : Places of Leisure in Launceston. Launceston City Council. ISBN 0-9596090-7-5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NTCA Ground.|
- NTCA Ground at Austadiums