|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Current ntv7 logo, which is copied from the Circle 7 logo
|Launched||7 April 1998|
|Owned by||Media Prima Berhad|
|Picture format||PAL (576i) (4:3/16:9)|
|Audience share||5% (Sept 2013, )|
|Headquarters||Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
|Sister channel(s)||TV3, 8TV, TV9|
|Analogue||Channel 7 (VHF)
Channel 37 (UHF) in Klang Valley)
|MyFreeview (Malaysia)||Channel 107|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 107 |
|NJOI (Malaysia)||Channel 107 |
|HyppTV||Channel 107 |
|Live Streaming (Malaysia only)||live
Natseven TV Sdn Bhd, better known as ntv7, is a free-to-air terrestrial television channel in Malaysia based in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. It began broadcasting nationwide on 7 April 1998. The station, which broadcasts on the UHF frequency band, offers a combination of Malay, English and Chinese programmes, produced locally as well as some from overseas.
ntv7 is also available over all Malaysian digital broadcasting platforms on Channel 107.
|This section does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The station was launched under the entity of Natseven TV Sdn Bhd in 1998 by businessman Mohd Effendi Norwawi, broadcasting daily from 6 am to 1 am the next day.
In 2005, Media Prima Berhad announced its acquisition of ntv7 under a price of RM90 million. Media Prima also owns three other private television stations in Malaysia: TV3, 8TV & TV9, as well as a controlling stake in the New Straits Times, owned by New Straits Times Press (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
The station, which targets the Malaysian urban demographic, offers a wide variety of programming including dramas, situational comedies (sitcoms), entertainment programmes, game shows, children programmes, anime, and movies. There are also news bulletins in English, Mandarin and Malay.
Since 1 April 2016, A teleshopping block brought by the Korean conglomerate CJ Group called CJ WOW Shop has been broadcast across Media Prima channels. Some Media Prima channels (especially NTV7 and TV9) are more affected by the changes. However, this block has attract huge criticism on social media as a large part of daytime schedule has been replaced by CJ Wow Shop, which these slots had been previously running mostly reruns, religious programming and kids programming.
Currently it is the only analogue channel in Malaysia that supports Dual Sound, though it is not used, until the only digital channel in Malaysia and it can be used.
- Ode to Joy
- The Journey: Our Homeland
- Dos mujeres, un camino
- Lie to Me
- María Mercedes
- La usurpadora
- Who wants to be a Millionaire
- Yo soy Betty, la fea
- Journey to the West
- 7Edition (English, Malay and Chinese (evening and night))
- Global Watch
- Crayon Shin Chan
- Sailor Moon (also on ViuTV)
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20131211222544/http://www.mediaprima.com.my/investorcenter/ibq/2013/IB%20Q3%202013%20FINAL%20%2818112013.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013. Missing or empty
- "NTV7 - Variety Entertainment Channel - Astro".
- "HyppTV TV Guide(includes the LCN number of each channel)".
- "Event for 6 June 2017". The EDGE Markets. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "Channels - TV, Radio dan Prabayar (official list of all channels available on NJOI)".
- "CJ WOW SHOP mula 1 April". Harian Metro. 1 April 2016. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/TV3MALAYSIA/photos/a.392087241166.178751.262044791166/10153548509336167/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/TV9Malaysia/photos/a.132100906817085.22337.124467560913753/1302978949729269/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty
- . 1 April 2016 https://www.facebook.com/ntv7localdrama/photos/a.299680246757151.72583.293290990729410/1085761854815649/?type=3&theater. Retrieved 6 April 2016. Missing or empty