This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owned by||International Television Channel Ltd.|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
BSEC BHABAN (6th Floor)|
|Telstar 10 |
|4175 H MHz|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 790|
|Sky (UK and Ireland)||Channel 757|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12663 H 22000 5/6|
|UCS (Bangladesh)||Channel 2|
|Prisma Digital (Bangladesh)||Channel 5|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 863|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)||Channel 815|
NTV is a Bengali language satellite television channel based in Bangladesh. It started operation in 2003. It is one of the most popular Bengali TV channels in the country. In the anniversary of the channel, the founder expressed interest in creating NTV2 to satisfy the watchers further. The channel broadcasts coverage of news, soap operas, educational, religious and politics related programs. NTV is owned by Mosaddek Ali Falu, a businessman. He was leader & vice president of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party. He resigned from his post on 2016.
- August 2006: a UK-based Bangladeshi TV channel, acquired the rights to show NTV programmes throughout the UK and Europe on Sky channel 826, however stopped broadcasting a year later.
- 26 February 2007: NTV, along with its sister station RTV, was temporarily forced off the air due to a massive fire at the station building. Three people died and over 100 were injured in the blaze. The fire caused NTV to broadcast reruns of programming. Since NTV was not able to broadcast their own news, they worked with Banglavision to broadcast Banglavision news on the NTV channel.
- In August 2008 NTV started to broadcast again in the UK after 1 year off the air, on Sky channel 834.
- In September 2011, NTV achieved the ISO certificate, as a first Bangladeshi TV channel.
- 14 April 2012: NTV was replaced by Channel 9 UK on Sky channel 834.
- 30 April 2012: A new consortium took control of NTV in the UK and resumed broadcasting on Sky channel 852.
- 19 August 2014: As part of a reshuffle, NTV moved to Sky channel 838.
Recently NTV authority has taken an initiative to promote its website. As a result, NTV online has been started its journey more elaborately to keep people updated about latest news, entertainment program, sports, tech, travel, automobile, lifestyle, education and so on.
- "Under-fire Narayanganj MP Salim Osman, in leaked phone call, abuses journalist". BDNews24.com. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "ITTEFAQ.COM". ittefaq.com.
- "NTV receives ISO certificate". The Daily Star. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Channel 9 takesover NTV on Sky Digital EPG". BizAsia. 16 April 2012. Archived from the original on 20 April 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "NTV relaunches on Sky Digital EPG". BizAsia. 30 April 2012. Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "NTV: Latest Bangla News, Infotainment, Online & Live Tv". NTV Online.
|This Bangladeshi television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|