|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Owned by||International Television Channel Ltd.|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Headquarters||BSEC BHABAN (6th Floor)
|Replaced||Channel 9 UK|
|4175 H MHz|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 790|
|Sky (UK and Ireland)||Channel 838|
|Astra 2F (Europe)||12663 H 22000 5/6|
|UCS (Bangladesh)||Channel 2|
|Prisma Digital (Bangladesh)||Channel 5|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 863|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)||Channel 815|
NTV is a Bengali language satellite television channel based in Bangladesh. It started operation in 2003. It is one of the most popular Bengali TV channels in the country. In the anniversary of the channel, the founder expressed interest in creating NTV2 to satisfy the watchers further. The channel broadcasts coverage of news, soap operas, educational, religious and politics related programs. 
- August 2006: a UK-based Bangladeshi TV channel, acquired the rights to show NTV programmes throughout the UK and Europe on Sky channel 826, however stopped broadcasting a year later.
- 26 February 2007: NTV, along with its sister station RTV, was forced off the air temporarily due to a massive fire at the station building. Three people died and over 100 were injured in the blaze. The fire caused NTV to broadcast reruns of programming. Since NTV was not able to broadcast their own news, they worked with Banglavision to broadcast Banglavision news on the NTV channel.
- In August 2008 NTV started to broadcast again in the UK after 1 year off the air, on Sky channel 834.
- In September 2011, NTV achieved the ISO certificate, as a first Bangladeshi TV channel.
- 30 April 2012: A new consortium took control of NTV in the UK and resumed broadcasting on Sky channel 852.
- 19 August 2014: As part of a reshuffle, NTV moved to Sky channel 838
Recently NTV authority has taken an initiative to promote its online. As a result NTV online has been started its journey more elaborately to keep update the people about latest news, entertainment program, sports, tech, travel, automobile, lifestyle, education and so on. 
- "ITTEFAQ.COM". ittefaq.com.
- "NTV receives ISO certificate". The Daily Star. 9 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Channel 9 takesover NTV on Sky Digital EPG". BizAsia. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "NTV relaunches on Sky Digital EPG". BizAsia. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "NTV: Latest Bangla News, Infotainment, Online & Live Tv". NTV Online.
|This Bangladeshi television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|