NUST School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
|Motto||A Center of Excellence for Quality Education and Research|
|Principal||Dr. S.M. Zaidi|
NUST-SEECS was launched on self-finance basis in April 1999 as a constituent college of National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan (NUST). It was formed due to the demand for quality IT education in the country and the requirement for NUST to launch its own IT department.
- 1 Degree programs
- 2 Research Groups and Labs
- 3 International Collaborations
- 4 Other Activities
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The school is split into two departments offering programs in both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering
- Master's in Communication and Computer Security
- MS/Ph.D in Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computing
- Bachelors in Software Engineering
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- MS/Ph.D in Computer Science
- MS in Information Security
- Master's in Information Technology
- Ph.D in Information Technology
Research Groups and Labs
System Analysis and Verification Lab (SAVe)
System Analysis and Verification Lab, SAVe, focuses research on using formal methods, which are based on mathematical techniques and thus unlike simulation ensure complete results, for the analysis and verification of hardware, software, and embedded systems.
Data Engineering for Large Scale Applications (DELSA)
The Data Engineering for Large Scale Applications, DELSA, research group explores semantics, databases, and interoperable systems in scientific and business domains. The research group aims at broadening the focus of database and data management techniques beyond their traditional scope.
Smart Machines And Robotics Technology (SMART) Lab
SMART Lab is currently working on developing a training system for laparoscopic and robotic tele-surgery in collaboration with Holy Family Hospital, Pakistan. Other areas of research include simulator design, intelligent robots and vision based algorithms for mobile robots. Some projects include a speech controlled robotic arm, an autonomous robotic platform and a robotic soccer environment for LEGO Mindstorms.
Research laboratory for Communication, Networks & Multimedia (Connekt)
Research laboratory for Communication, Networks & Multimedia, Connekt, addresses research problems arising in three areas: Multimedia Communications, Wireless Networks and the Internet. Areas of particular interest include Networking, Applied Information Theory and Network Performance Analysis. Lab's current research interest spans the theory and design of novel algorithms and frameworks for reliable multimedia transmission, processing and ubiquitous communication over Internet and wireless networks.
SEECS has developed partnerships with a number of international companies including Microsoft  which has awarded NUST the status of Authorized Academic Training Program Institute (AATPI), Intel and other educational organization such as ACM (Associate of Computing Machinery), IEEE and IAESTE.
SEECS also has been awarded the status of "Associate Research Institute" of CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva, Switzerland. Since 2000, NUST-SEECS has been working on collaborative on distributed computing problems relating to GRID problems.
In February 2014, SEECS signed a mutual agreement with Pak-Finland council to cooperate in the fields of healthcare, energy, IT and telecommunication. In March 2014, SEECS launched a greenhouse center with in order to promote entrepreneurship activities in the campus.
It also plans to launch the first science and technology park of Pakistan with the aim to strengthen linkages among academia, researchers and the industrial sector.
- "259 graduates receive degrees in NUST convocation". nation.com.pk.
- "700 students awarded degrees at 6th SEECS-NUST convocation". dailytimes.com.pk.
- "NUST rewards winners of Microsoft Imagine Cup". thenews.com.pk.
- "Mutual cooperation: MoU signed between NUST and Pak-Finland council". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved Dec 24, 2014.
- "Young entrepreneurs: Jump-starting student ventures at NUST". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved Dec 24, 2014.
- "NUST lauded for establishing first S & T Park". pakistantoday.com.pk.
- National University of Science and Technology
- NUST School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Autonomous Semantic Grid