The event is mostly centered on NVIDIA's own products but offers activities usually found at other types of events: a demoscene event, scientific talks, and programming classes. It's been replaced by the GPU Technology Conference in following years.
The same name was also used for Nvidia's quarterly magazine, published by Future plc. Publication was ceased after the 'Winter 2011' (#7) issue.
Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman, of MythBusters fame, demonstrated how GPUs solve specific tasks faster in parallel than they can be executed on general purpose CPUs by painting a Mona Lisa with a massively parallel paint gun.
- Facebook NVISION 08 Community Webpage
- NVISION 08 official website
- Channel Web : The Eyes Have It At Nvidia's NVISION Event
- Ars Technica : NVISION: Displays, software to change the way we see the 'Net
- VentureBeat : Nvision 08: Emerging Companies Summit highlights visual start-ups
- Anandtech : NVISION 08 - Jen-Hsun Talks Larrabee, Mobility, VIA and More
- Hexus : NVIDIA bigs up PhysX and CUDA at NVISION