NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2019)
|NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2019)|
|Date||November 23, 2019|
|WWE Network event chronology|
|NXT TakeOver chronology|
|NXT TakeOver: WarGames chronology|
NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2019) is an upcoming professional wrestling show and WWE Network event produced by WWE for their NXT brand. It will take place on November 23, 2019 at the Allstate Arena in the Chicago suburb of Rosemont, Illinois. It will be the third event under the War Games chronology, and the first to have a Women's War Games match. It is also the first to have two WarGames matches, scheduled on the same night.
NXT TakeOver is a series of professional wrestling shows that began on May 29, 2014, as the WWE developmental territory NXT held their second WWE Network exclusive live broadcast billed as NXT TakeOver. In subsequent months, the "TakeOver" moniker became the brand used by WWE for all of their NXT live WWE Network specials.
The card will include matches that result from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portray villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters to build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches, with results predetermined by WWE's writers on the NXT brand. Storylines are produced on the NXT television program.
On the October 30 episode of NXT, a brawl broke out with all the women on the roster after the conclusion of WWE Women's Tag Team Championship match. This prompted the NXT general manager William Regal to schedule the first ever women's WarGames match with Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley being captain for their respective teams. On November 6 edition of The Bump, it was revealed that Ripley picked Tegan Nox and Candice LeRae, while Baszler picked Bianca Belair and Io Shirai. On the same night at NXT, Ripley decided to pick Mia Yim as the final pick for her team after Yim saving her team from a brawl, following the conclusion of women's match between Baszler and Dakota Kai. On the Novemeber 13 episode of NXT, a ladder match between Yim and Shirai was held to determine which team would get the WarGames advantage and the match ended when NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray helped Shirai win and joined Baszler's team.
On the October 30 episode of NXT, NXT Tag Team Champions Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish defeated Matt Riddle and Keith Lee. Post-match, The Undisputed Era proceeded to attack Lee and Riddle, before Tommaso Ciampa making the save. The following week on NXT, a men's WarGames match was scheduled between The Undisputed Era against the team of Ciampa, Riddle, Lee, and a partner of their choosing. On the November 13 episode of NXT, following a match between Lee and Roderick Strong, The Undisputed Era attacked Ciampa and Lee until they were saved by Dominik Dijakovic, who offered to be the fourth man on the team to which Ciampa accepted. Later that night, Riddle would be taken out of the match due to being scheduled in a different match. On the Novemeber 20 episode of NXT, a ladder match between Cole and Dijakovic will be held to determine who will get the WarGames advantage.
On the November 13 episode of NXT, Finn Bálor called the NXT roster all boys who can't take a beating, he specifically called out Johnny Gargano and Matt Riddle. Riddle would then come out and attack Bálor who retreated to the back. Later that night, Riddle would help his then-WarGames partners Tommaso Ciampa and Keith Lee against their opponents in the match, The Undisputed Era and after Riddle gained the upper hand, Bálor attacked Riddle and a match between the two was scheduled for TakeOver.
|1||Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, Tegan Nox and Mia Yim vs. Shayna Baszler, Io Shirai, Bianca Belair and Kay Lee Ray||WarGames match|
|2||The Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong) vs. Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic, and TBA||WarGames match|
|3||Finn Bálor vs. Matt Riddle||Singles match|
- "WWE announces Survivor Series to come to Chicago in 2019". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "WARGAMES RETURNING TO WWE NXT | PWInsider.com". www.pwinsider.com. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- Howell, Nolan (May 29, 2014). "Neville tops Kidd at NXT Takeover". canoe.ca. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- Grabianowski, Ed (2006-01-13). "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on November 18, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "Live & Televised Entertainment". WWE. Archived from the original on February 26, 2009. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- Moore, John (October 30, 2019). "10/30 NXT TV results: Moore's live review of the Finn Balor follow-up, Kairi Sane and Asuka vs. Tegan Nox and Dakota Kai for the WWE Women's Tag Titles, Cameron Grimes vs. Tyler Bate, Io Shirai vs. Candice LeRae, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly vs. Keith Lee and Matt Riddle in a non-title match". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- Currier, Joseph (2019-11-06). "Baszler vs. Kai set for NXT, more WarGames participants confirmed". F4WOnline.com. Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved November 6, 2019.
- Moore, John (November 6, 2019). "11/6 NXT TV results: Moore's live review of the Damian Priest vs. Pete Dunne, NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler vs. Dakota Kai in a non-title match, WarGames developments". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Moore, John (November 13, 2019). "11/13 NXT TV results: Moore's live review of Io Shirai vs. Mia Yim in a ladder match for the advantage in the WarGames match, Lio Rush vs. Angel Garza for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship, the build to NXT WarGames continues". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Melok, Bobby (October 30, 2019). "First-ever Women's WarGames Match". WWE. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- Melok, Bobby (November 6, 2019). "Team Ciampa vs. The Undisputed ERA (WarGames Match)". WWE. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- "Matt Riddle vs. Finn Bálor". WWE. November 13, 2019. Retrieved November 13, 2019.