NXT UK (WWE brand)
Logo for the brand and the NXT UK television programme
|Product type||Professional wrestling|
|Produced by||Paul "Triple H" Levesque|
|Introduced||15 December 2016|
|Previous names: |
(2016 – 2018)
|General Manager: |
(7 June 2018 – present)
Assistant to the General Manager:
(12 December 2018 – present)
NXT UK is the United Kingdom-based brand of the American professional wrestling promotion WWE that was first established on 15 December 2016. It was launched as a way to give UK-based wrestlers an opportunity to wrestle for NXT. The brand's namesake show, NXT UK, had its first tapings in July 2018 and premiered on 17 October 2018 on the WWE Network.
In a press conference at The O2 Arena on 15 December 2016, Paul "Triple H" Levesque revealed that there would be a 16-man tournament to crown the inaugural WWE United Kingdom Champion. The tournament was held over a two-day period, 14 and 15 January 2017, and aired exclusively on the WWE Network. The championship was intended as the top championship of a new WWE Network show, produced in the United Kingdom (the show and its premiere date had yet to be revealed by the WWE at the time). Tyler Bate won the inaugural tournament to become the first WWE United Kingdom Champion.
On 7 April 2018, a second United Kingdom Championship Tournament event was scheduled for 18 and 19 June at the Royal Albert Hall. On 7 June, Johnny Saint was appointed General Manager of WWE's United Kingdom-based brand.
On 18 June 2018, it was announced that WWE's United Kingdom-based brand would begin filming a new show titled NXT UK in July 2018, and that championships for the brand's women's and tag team divisions would be introduced.
On 31 December 2019, WWE announced that NXT UK would begin airing on BT Sport in the United Kingdom.  On 21 January 2020, it was announced that NXT UK would also air on Paramount Network UK on a six day delay after its WWE Network and BT Sport broadcasts.
Tyler Bate won the inaugural tournament to become the first WWE United Kingdom Champion. The first title change, as well as first defense to air live, took place on 20 May 2017, at NXT TakeOver: Chicago, where Pete Dunne defeated Bate to become champion.
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Reign||Date won||Days held||Location||Notes|
|NXT United Kingdom Championship||Walter||1||5 April 2019||563||New York, New York||Defeated Pete Dunne at NXT TakeOver: New York|
|NXT UK Tag Team Championship||Gallus
(Mark Coffey and Wolfgang)
|1||4 October 2019||381||Brentwood, England||Defeated Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster on NXT UK|
Aired on tape delay on October 17, 2019
|NXT UK Women's Championship||Kay Lee Ray||1||31 August 2019||415||Cardiff, Wales||Defeated Toni Storm at NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff|
- The WWE 24/7 Championship and WWE Women's Tag Team Championship can also be defended on NXT UK as they are shared among the brands.
- The NXT Cruiserweight Championship was originally shared by NXT, 205 Live, and NXT UK, but due to the COVID-19 travel ban, a separate U.S. based Crusierweight Champion was crowned to defend the title in NXT and 205 Live, wile the original title has become UK based and defended on NXT UK.
The WWE Network broadcasts NXT UK's eponymous television programme in the United Kingdom and internationally. The inaugural tapings of NXT UK occurred on 28 and 29 July 2018, at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, and began airing on 17 October 2018.
WWE Network events
|United Kingdom Championship Tournament||14 January 2017||Blackpool, Lancashire
|Empress Ballroom||Tyler Bate vs. Tucker|
|15 January 2017||Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne for the inaugural WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|United Kingdom Championship Special||7 May 2017||Norwich, Norfolk
|Epic Studios||Tyler Bate (c) vs. Mark Andrews for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|United Kingdom Championship Tournament||18 June 2018||Kensington, London
|Royal Albert Hall||Zack Gibson vs. Travis Banks to determine the #1 contender to the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|19 June 2018||Pete Dunne (c) vs. Zack Gibson for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool||12 January 2019||Blackpool, Lancashire
|Empress Ballroom||Pete Dunne (c) vs. Joe Coffey for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff||31 August 2019||Cardiff
|Motorpoint Arena Cardiff||Walter (c) vs. Tyler Bate for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
|NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool II||12 January 2020||Blackpool, Lancashire
|Empress Ballroom||Walter (c) vs. Joe Coffey for the WWE United Kingdom Championship|
- "WWE launches new U.K. series". WWE. June 18, 2018. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- "BREAKING NEWS: A new brand, #NXTUK is coming to @WWEUK. @TripleH and GM Johnny Saint announced the news this evening @RoyalAlbertHall". WWE on Twitter. June 18, 2018. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Currier, Joseph (December 15, 2016). "WWE to crown first United Kingdom Champion in January". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- Keller, Wade (December 15, 2016). "WWE announces new UK-based brand, holding tournament to crown UK Champion, Nigel McGuinness on announce team". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- Soucek, Andrew. "SOUCEK'S WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT REPORT 1/15: Ongoing coverage of night two of UK Championship tournament". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved January 15, 2017.
- "UPDATED: WWE UK Championship Special to air on WWE Network on Friday with legend Jim Ross on commentary". Daily Mirror. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
The 90-minute show, starring the company's top UK and 205 Live cruiserweight talent, will feature action from tapings in Norwich on May 6 and 7
- "WWE United Kingdom Championship Special premiere today". WWE. May 19, 2017. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
- Sean Rueter (April 7, 2018). "Triple H reveals WWE's UK Championship Tournament returns in June". Cageside Seats. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Staff, WWE.com. "WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament at Royal Albert Hall". WWE.com. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "Tickets for the WWE U.K. Championship Tournament at Royal Albert Hall are available now". WWE. April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Johnny Saint named GM of WWE's United Kingdom brand". WWE. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "WWE announces Johnny Saint as UK brand general manager". 7 June 2018. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- John Pollock (June 18, 2018). "WWE announces NXT UK brand with two additional championships to be introduced". POST Wrestling. Retrieved June 18, 2018.
- Felstead, Scott; Docking, Neil (2020-01-21). "Channel 5 to show WWE Raw and SmackDown highlights". mirror. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- Currier, Joseph (September 10, 2020). "WWE Announces Heritage Cup for NXT UK". Wrestling Observer Figure Four Online. Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- Zimmerman, Zack. "5/20 Zim's NXT Takeover: Chicago live review – Bobby Roode vs. Hideo Itami for the NXT Title, Authors of Pain vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa in a ladder match for the NXT Tag Titles, Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Ruby Riot for the NXT Women's Title". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- "The first NXT UK Women's Champion to be crowned at NXT UK tapings this weekend in Birmingham". WWE. August 21, 2018. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- Pollock, John (June 18, 2018). "WWE announces NXT UK brand with two additional championships to be introduced". POSTWrestling. Archived from the original on 9 September 2018. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Major news from Sunday night's NXT UK tapings (CAUTION: SPOILERS)". WWE. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
- Satin, Ryan (May 20, 2019). "WATCH: Mick Foley Unveils New WWE 24/7 Title, First Champion Crowned". Pro Wrestling Sheet. Retrieved May 20, 2019.
- "WWE launches new U.K. series". WWE. June 18, 2018. Archived from the original on June 19, 2018. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- Hall, Royal Albert. "WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament at Royal Albert Hall". WWE.com. Retrieved April 14, 2018.
- "NXT UK TakeOver". MotorpointArenaCardiff.co.uk. Archived from the original on June 8, 2019. Retrieved June 8, 2019.