NYU Liberal Studies
|New York University|
Liberal Studies is a school in the Faculty of Arts and Science at New York University. It houses the Liberal Studies Core Program and the Global Liberal Studies bachelor's degree program. Both of the department's programs employ a core curriculum in the liberal arts and emphasize global study in NYU's Global Network University framework.
Liberal Studies Core Program
The Liberal Studies Core Program is a two-year liberal arts academic program centered on the great books. First-year students study at NYU's campuses in New York City, London, Paris, Washington D.C., or Florence. After the second year, students transfer to take up residence in one of NYU's other degree-granting colleges.
Global Liberal Studies
Global Liberal Studies is a four-year bachelor's degree program. First-year students study at NYU's campuses in New York City, London, Paris, and Florence, before moving to New York City for the sophomore year. Third-year students are required to study at one of NYU's fourteen global academic centers.
- "New York University Graphic Standards and Logo Usage Guide, second edition, February 2010" (PDF). New York University. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-02. Retrieved 2016-03-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Platt, Eric (13 February 2018). "General Studies Moves to the Mainstream" – via NYTimes.com.
- Weiss, Samuel (26 December 2001). "The Added Option Of General Studies" – via NYTimes.com.
- Foderaro, Lisa W. (10 April 2011). "Admission to College, but a Wait of a Year" – via NYTimes.com.