|Veit Dengler (CEO)|
|Products||Neue Zürcher Zeitung|
St. Galler Tagblatt
NZZ (Neue Zürcher Zeitung) Mediengruppe (also known as AG für die Neue Zürcher Zeitung) is a media company which deals with the activities related to newspaper, magazine, book publishing and television broadcasting in Zurich, Switzerland. The company has products for the German-speaking regions of the country.
History and profile
NZZ Mediengruppe was established in 1780 with the start of its flagship paper Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Veit Dengler is the chief executive officer of the group of which the headquarters is in Zurich. The company has a liberal stance and does not support collectivism or corporatism.
The group has business activities in the fields of newspaper publishing, magazine and book publishing, and regional radio and television broadcasting. The company also operates online editions of the publications it has.
The newspaper publishing division of the group consists of two companies, NZZ and Free Press Holding AG. In addition to Neue Zürcher Zeitung, the company also owns regional daily newspapers, namely the St. Galler Tagblatt and Neue Luzerner Zeitung. The group owned 74.93% of the St. Galler Tagblatt AG, which publishes St. Galler Tagblatt, via its subsidiary Free Press Holding AG. In May 2014 Free Press Holding AG acquired the remaining stake of the company from PubliGroupe.
NZZ Mediengruppe was the fourth major magazine publisher in Switzerland in terms of circulation in the years of 2005, 2008 and 2012.
Notes and references
- "Yearbook 2013. The Quality of the Media" (PDF). Schwabe Publishers. Basel. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Company Overview of AG für die Neue Zürcher Zeitung". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Business Club 2014 with numerous highlights". Oehen PR. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Hugo Bigi (2012). Journalism Education Between Market Dependence and Social Responsibility: An Examination of Trainee Journalists. Haupt Verlag AG. p. 27. ISBN 978-3-258-07753-6. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Media partners". Swiss International Finance Forum. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Smart advertising – in a wide range of NZZ products" (PDF). NZZ. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "When love at first sight endures" (PDF). Circulation Journal: 8. October 2008. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "PubliGroupe sells participation in Freie Presse Holding AG to the NZZ Mediengruppe". PubliGroupe Ltd. Lausanne. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- C. Porlezza (2006). "Bashing the Competition, Indulging in Self-Adulation". In S Egli von Matt; et al. (eds.). Media Journalism in the Attention Cycle. Problems, Perspectives, Visions (PDF). Lugano: Gianpiero Casagrande. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Eli M. Noam (15 April 2015). Who Owns the World's Media?: Media Concentration and Ownership Around the World. Oxford University Press. p. 363. ISBN 978-0-19-998723-8. Retrieved 25 December 2016.