12 July 1975
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India
|Died||14 August 2016
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Na. Muthukumar (12 July 1975 – 14 August 2016) was an Indian poet, lyricist, and author. Best known for his Tamil language film songs, he received the most number of Filmfare Awards for Best Lyricist in Tamil and was a two-time recipient of the National Film Award for Best Lyrics for his works in Thanga Meenkal (2013) and Saivam (2014).
He began his career wanting to be a director and worked under Balu Mahendra for four years. He was later offered to write lyrics in the film Veera Nadai, directed by Seeman. He has been credited as a dialogue writer in a few films, including Kireedam (2007) and Vaaranam Aayiram (2008).
Muthukumar died due to Heart Attack on August 14, 2016 in the morning.
- Minsara Kanna
- Dumm Dumm Dumm
- Julie Ganapathi
- Kadhal Kondein
- 7G Rainbow Colony
- Sivaji: The Boss
- Katrathu Thamizh
- Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu
- Azhagiya Thamizh Magan
- Satham Podathey
- Yaaradi Nee Mohini'
- Santhosh Subramaniam
- Vaaranam Aayiram
- Siva Manasula Sakthi
- Avatharam[disambiguation needed]
- Angadi Theru
- Boss Engira Bhaskaran
- Naan Mahaan Alla
- Rakta Charitra (Only for the Tamil version)
- 7aum Arivu
- Engeyum Kaadhal
- Avan Ivan
- Poi Solla Porom
- Deiva Thirumagal
- Vanthaan Vendraan
- Vazhakku Enn 18/9
- Oru Kal Oru Kannadi
- Billa II
- Neethaane En Ponvasantham
- Ammavin Kaipesi
- Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga
- Vanakkam Chennai
- Thanga Meengal
- Ennathan Pesuvatho
- Touring Talkies
- Thirudan Police
- Kaaki Sattai
- Nerungi Va Muthamidathe
- Soan Papdi
- Kaadhal Solla Vandhen
- Kaaka Muttai
- Idhu Enna Maayam
- Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga
- Trisha Illana Nayanthara
- Ko 2
- Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai
- Enakku Innoru Per Irukku
- Amma Kanakku
- Tamilselvanum Thaniyar Anjalum
- Ko 99
- 1999 Jeyippathu Nijam
- 2005 En Thozhi En Kadhali En Manaivi....
- 2011 ullam kollai poguthada
- Dhoosigal (Poems)
- Pattampoochi Virpavan (Poems)
- Newtonin Moondram Vidhi (Poems collection)
- Graamam Nagaram Maanagaram (Essays)
- AAna AAvanna (Poems)
- Ennai Sandhikka kanavil Varathe (Poems)
- Silk City (Novel)
- Bala Kandam (Essays)
- Anilaadum Mundril
- Kuzhandhaigal Niraindha Veedu (Haiku)
- Vedikkai Parppavan (Essays)...
- Naa Muthukumar Kavithaikal (Poem Collections)
- Pattampoochi Pathipagam 9841003366
- 2005: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Lyricist - Ghajini
- 2006: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Veyil
- 2007: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Sivaji: The Boss
- 2009: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Siva Manasula Sakthi
- 2009: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Ayan
- 2010: Vijay Music Award for Best Lyricist - Veppam
- 2011: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Un Pera Theriyathe" - Engaeyum Eppothum
- 2013: National Film Award for Best Lyrics for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2013: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - "Dheivangal Ellam" - Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga
- 2013: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2013: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2014: National Film Award for Best Lyrics for "Azhage" - Saivam
- 2016:Expected national award for taramani
- 2014: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) for "Azhage" - Saivam
- "Shocking: Na Muthukumar passes away due to jaundice and high fever". The Times of India. 14 August 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- MALATHI RANGARAJAN (February 7, 2013). "Life's a lyric". Chennai. The Hindu. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "The Lyricist who rocks". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Pearls of emotions". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-02-02. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Na Muthukumar weds – function and pics". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "62nd National Film Awards: Tamil movies bag eight honours". Times of India. 24 March 2015.