|Native name||நா. முத்துக்குமார்|
12 July 1975
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India
|Died||14 August 2016
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Spouse||Jeevalakshmi Muthukumar (m.2006-2016)|
Na. Muthukumar (12 July 1975 – 14 August 2016) was an Indian poet, lyricist, and author. Best known for his Tamil language film songs, he received the most number of Filmfare Awards for Best Lyricist in Tamil and was a two-time recipient of the National Film Award for Best Lyrics for his works in Thanga Meenkal (2013) and Saivam (2014).
He began his career wanting to be a director and worked under Balu Mahendra for four years. He was later offered to write lyrics in the film Veera Nadai, directed by Seeman. He has been credited as a dialogue writer in a few films, including Kireedam (2007) and Vaaranam Aayiram (2008).
Muthukumar, who had been suffering from jaundice for long, died on the morning of 14 August 2016, at his Chennai residence due to cardiac arrest. At the time of his death, he was survived by his wife and two children: a son and a daughter.
- Minsara Kanna
- Dumm Dumm Dumm
- Julie Ganapathi
- Kadhal Kondein
- 7G Rainbow Colony
- Parijatham (2006 film) -Unnai Kandane
- Sivaji: The Boss
- Katrathu Thamizh
- Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu
- Azhagiya Thamizh Magan
- Satham Podathey
- Yaaradi Nee Mohini'
- Santhosh Subramaniam
- Vaaranam Aayiram
- Siva Manasula Sakthi
- Angadi Theru
- Boss Engira Bhaskaran
- Naan Mahaan Alla
- Rakta Charitra (Only for the Tamil version)
- 7aum Arivu
- Engeyum Kaadhal
- Avan Ivan
- Poi Solla Porom
- Deiva Thirumagal
- Vanthaan Vendraan
- Vazhakku Enn 18/9
- Oru Kal Oru Kannadi
- Billa II
- Neethaane En Ponvasantham
- Ammavin Kaipesi
- Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga
- Vanakkam Chennai
- Thanga Meengal
- Ennathan Pesuvatho
- Touring Talkies
- Thirudan Police
- Kaaki Sattai
- Nerungi Va Muthamidathe
- Soan Papdi
- Kaadhal Solla Vandhen
- Kaaka Muttai
- Idhu Enna Maayam
- Vasuvum Saravananum Onna Padichavanga
- Trisha Illana Nayanthara
- Ko 2
- Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai
- Enakku Innoru Per Irukku
- Amma Kanakku
- Tamilselvanum Thaniyar Anjalum
- Kaththi Sandai
- Kadavul Irukaan Kumaru
- Ko 99
- 1999 Jeyippathu Nijam
- 2005 En Thozhi En Kadhali En Manaivi....
- 2011 ullam kollai poguthada
- Dhoosigal (Poems)
- Pattampoochi Virpavan (Poems)
- Newtonin Moondram Vidhi (Poems collection)
- Graamam Nagaram Maanagaram (Essays)
- AAna AAvanna (Poems)
- Ennai Sandhikka kanavil Varathe (Poems)
- Silk City (Novel)
- Bala Kandam (Essays)
- Anilaadum Mundril
- Kuzhandhaigal Niraindha Veedu (Haiku)
- Vedikkai Parppavan (Essays)...
- Naa Muthukumar Kavithaikal (Poem Collections)
- 2005: Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Lyricist - Ghajini
- 2006: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Veyil
- 2007: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Sivaji: The Boss
- 2009: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - Siva Manasula Sakthi
- 2009: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) - Ayan
- 2010: Vijay Music Award for Best Lyricist - Veppam
- 2011: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Un Pera Theriyathe" - Engaeyum Eppothum
- 2013: National Film Award for Best Lyrics for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2013: Vijay Award for Best Lyricist - "Dheivangal Ellam" - Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga
- 2013: SIIMA Award for Best Lyricist for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2013: Filmfare Best Lyricist Award (Tamil) for "Ananda Yaazhai" - Thangameengal
- 2014: National Film Award for Best Lyrics for "Azhage" - Saivam
- MALATHI RANGARAJAN (February 7, 2013). "Life's a lyric". Chennai. The Hindu. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "The Lyricist who rocks". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Pearls of emotions". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-02-02. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Na Muthukumar weds – function and pics". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 2009-04-16.
- "Shocking: Na Muthukumar passes away due to jaundice and high fever". The Times of India. 14 August 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- "Na Muthukumar- A song that met an abrupt end". The Times of India. 15 August 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Lyricist Na Muthukumar passes away". The Hindu. 14 August 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.