6 June 1937
Sagara, Karnataka, India
Na D'Souza Kannada:ನಾ ಡಿಸೋಜ is a novelist and writer in Kannada language living in Sagara, Karnataka, India. He was selected as the President of 80th Kannada Sahitya Sammelana held in Madikeri in the year 2014.
Na D'Souza was born in Sagara, Karnataka on June 6, 1937. He completed his primary education at St. Joseph's higher primary school and higher studies at Sahyadri College, Shimoga. He worked in the Karnataka Public Works Department for 37 years. He is married to Philomena D' Souza and has 3 children - Shobha, Naveen and Santhosh.
Na D'Souza has written more than 40 novels, many short stories, plays and literature for children and total number of his published books cross 94. He has received Central Sahitya Academy's Bala Sahitya Puraskar for his children novel Mulugadeya Oorige Bandavaru. He has been writing in Kannada for more than three decades and his two novels Dweepa and Kadina Benki were made into motion pictures and won National awards. He also participated in agitations of public interest. Some of his works like Dweepa have been translated into English.
- Karnataka Sahitya Academy award - 1993
- Karnataka Rajyotsava Award - 1998
- Alwas Nudisiri Award - 2006
- Honorary Doctorate (DLit) by Kuvempu University
- "Na D'Souza to chair Kannada literary fest". 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Mr Na D'Souza Chosen as the President of the 80th Kannada Sahitya Sammelana". 5 December 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Na. D'Souza to chair 80th Kannada literary meet". The Hindu. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Mulugade, page 186
- "Dweepa - Island". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Mulugade.P 187
- Mulugade.P 188
- Mulugade.P 189