|Directed by||K. Bapaiah|
|Produced by||K. Devi Vara Prasad
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers|
|Starring||N. T. Rama Rao
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Pallavi Devi Productions
Naa Desam (Telugu: నా దేశం) (lit. My Country) is a 1982 Telugu action-drama film directed by K. Bapaiah. The film stars N. T. Rama Rao and Jayasudha in the lead roles, with Kaikala Satyanarayana, Giribabu and Prabhakar Reddy playing other important roles. It is the remake of the 1981 Bollywood blockbuster Laawaris, with NTR and Jayasudha reprising the roles played in the original by Amitabh Bachchan and Zeenat Aman respectively. The music was composed by Chakravarthi. The film released on 27 October 1982 and was successful at the box office. This was the last film which NTR acted in before he became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Left in the care of an alcoholic Kailasham (Prabhakar Reddy), a young orphan named Bharath wrestles with life in his young age. Years later, now a young man (NTR), Bharath works for Prathap Rao (Kaikala Satyanarayana) and is in love with Mohini (Jayasudha), who will not have anything to do with him due to his lack of ancestry. Bharath is determined to find out who his parents are, and the only one who can help him is the elusive, alcohol-induced and incoherent Kailasham.
- N. T. Rama Rao as Bharath
- Jayasudha as Mohini
- Kaikala Satyanarayana as Prathap Rao
- Giribabu as Kumar
- Prabhakar Reddy as Kailasham
|1.||"Chalapalilo"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubramaniam, P. Susheela|
|2.||"Eae Chempa Mudhuanadhiro"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubramaniam, P. Susheela|
|3.||"Nenokka Nethru Dhepam"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubramaniam|
|4.||"Premaku Perantamu"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubramaniam, P. Susheela|
|5.||"Rojulanni Maraei"||Veturi||S. P. Balasubramaniam|
|6.||"Uvnadura Devudu"||Veturi||Madhavapeddi Ramesh|
- The film was shot in Hyderabad and Ooty.
- The shooting of the entire film was completed in 19 days, which was a record.
- NTR was paid ₹ 24 lakh for the film, which was a huge remuneration at the time.
- All song sequences were filmed in just 5 days. Veturi wrote all 6 songs of the movie in just 2 days.
- This film has a few scenes where NTR did not dub in his own voice as his voice had become hoarse due to addressing a large number of political gatherings; instead Paruchuri Gopalakrishna dubbed for NTR.