Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar
|Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar|
|Directed by||Sundar C|
|Music by||Karthik Raja|
|Cinematography||U. K. Senthil Kumar|
|Edited by||P. Sai Suresh|
B. S. Arts
|14 January 1998|
Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar (Tamil:நாம் இருவர் நமக்கு இருவர்) (English: We Two, Ours Two) is a 1998 Tamil comedy film directed by Sundar C. Prabhu Deva and Meena played the leading roles, whilst the film featured an extensive cast, along with a bevy of supporting actors. The film released on 14 January 1998 and became a big success at the box office. The film was loosely based on the 1995 Hollywood movie Two Much.
- Prabhu Deva as Prabhu/Deva
- Meena as Indu
- Manivannan as Mani
- Jayaram as Pooja Thai Maman
- Maheshwari as Pooja
- Gemini Ganesan as Prabhu/Deva Grandfather
- S. S. Chandran
- Anand Raj
- Manjula Vijayakumar as Manju
- Intha Siru Pennai – Hariharan, Vibha Sharma (5:41)
- Kattaana Ponnu Romantica – Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam (4:22)
- Aathi Adi Aathi – Priya, Vibha Sharma, Farah (5:45)
- Aiylesaa Aiylesaa – Udit Narayan, Pop Shalini (4:43)
- Nadanakalarani – Yuvan Shankar Raja, Premji Amaran, Bhavatharini (5:16)
- Hello Mr Kadhala – Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam, Anuradha Paudwal (5:33)
During a stage of production, Prabhudeva, Maheshwari and the entire crew including Sundar C had landed in South Africa. Rambha had not boarded the plane with them as planned. Na.Ir.Na.Ir unit became nervous, not knowing what to do, as the shooting time and spot that they had reserved in Sun City was getting wasted. After waiting for a long time, they went ahead and had Maheshwari put on Rambha's costumes and picturized the song with her and Prabhudeva. Rambha, who arrived two days later, got wild and furious that Sundar and company would picturize the song without her. She went back to Chennai almost three days before the Na.Ir.Na.Ir unit and got ready to shoot for Kaathala Kaathala instead.
Sundar and others who were angry and disappointed with Rambha's behavior filed complaints with film organizations. Meanwhile, more developments came about once Rambha left the film. It appeared that the director's wife, Kushboo had strongly thrown in a recommendation for Simran to grab the role that Rambha had trashed, but Meena entered the picture from somewhere, all of a sudden. The fact was that Meena gave up her Kaathala Kaathala role for Rambha and Soundarya, while Rambha gave up her Na. Ir. Na. Ir role for Meena. On a side note to the entire matter, Simran announced that she gave up her chances to star in both Kaathala Kaathala and Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar, because she did not want to pack herself with call sheet troubles and not be able to act in that she had already committed to.
- Sandya (March 1998). "Tamil Movie News". indolink.com. Archived from the original on 30 April 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Sandya (December 1998). "December Vambugall". indolink.com. Retrieved 11 September 2016.